[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Looking to set up phpBB board • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Looking to set up phpBB board

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Looking to set up phpBB board

Postby saurabhjain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:05 am

Smart hello

i am looking to set up new phpBB board for mechanical engineers

me need installation steps , which version to down load or not???

starting form raw , please assist me....

the website name will medais.net

the dais for mechanical engineers

i was running that on proboards, but thought to switch over , otherwis elater it can get me in trouble...

right now only 250 members in it so thinking to copy paste the topics manually..........

i ahd another forum on proboards with 2400 members , which cannot be shifted due to huge no of posts...

so please assist mee

Regards

Saurabh jain
http://saurabhjain.in
saurabhjain

Postby DougYITBOS » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:41 pm

It's been a long time since I've played with phpBB but I remember it being very easy to use and customize.

If I were you I'd just jump in and get it installed.
Get the latest version.

There are TONS of great tutorials/how-to articles on the net about installing and using phpBB but I'd certainly start here:
http://www.phpbb.com/support/

Check out the functional and cosmetic add-ons you can get here
http://www.phpbb.com/support/
DougYITBOS

Postby saurabhjain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:17 pm

thanks

but there are 2 version for download phpBB 3.0 & phpBB 2.0

which to go for???

unstable release or stable release......
saurabhjain

Postby DougYITBOS » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:42 pm

I'd go stable.
I'd rather have fewer headaches and stability than a few cool features and have to spend a lot of time with it.

Eventually they'll probably have some sort of upgrade available I would assume.

... ONE CATCH TO THE ABOVE...

If the 3.0 is largely updates in security... then you may want to just wait until it's stable. Security updates are important.
DougYITBOS

another help needed

Postby saurabhjain » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:22 am

me have install forum at ...

http://medais.net/forum/index.php

when i am posting a topic it says

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

I want to change this ssetting so that all mails are directly posted...

how to do it>>>

secondly how to change logo ????

thirdly how to place ads.... say of google where code needed to be inserted??

thx for reading...
saurabhjain

Re: another help needed

Postby robert adams » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:38 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby dondada » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:58 am

thanks a lot robert,

this is what i call a quality post.
i am just starting up a forum and your post is very educative.
keep up with the good work
dondada

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites