[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can anyone recommend how to build articles directory sites? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can anyone recommend how to build articles directory sites?

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Can anyone recommend how to build articles directory sites?

Postby Michael b » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:24 am

I was wondering if anyone could recommend how to build or what to use to build an article directory site. Are they even profitable or are they extremely hard to get going and make profitable?

I guess any information about article directory sites would be very helpful.
Michael b

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:12 pm

You can use article dashboard. It's a free script (or you can upgrade & have the credits removed) - it's also pretty simple to install.

http://www.articledashboard.com/download.htm
AuctionCUT.com

Article sites

Postby Mr_Average » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi Michael,

Article sites aren't as profitable as they once were. They are a LOT of work. You should approve all the posts so you don't get junk posts and spam. I get over 70 articles a day just from one source and I don't own an article directory.

There are hundreds if not thousands of article directories.

What you may want to do is to have your directory for just one niche. That way Your work load would be cut down.

Keith
Mr_Average

Postby Maggie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:44 am

I run an article directory (ok, two!) and, to be honest, although I make revenue from adsense, I'm almost sure it's not worth the hassle.

There are probably quite a few folks around who approve each and every article submitted to their directory. My problem with this is that there's so much junk dropped into my sites by people who are just submitting spammy stories, crammed full of affiliate links, that I run screaming for the door whenever I decide to spend an hour or two approving/deleting articles.

I'd just love to fine those folks who make me waste my time by having to check through the rubbish ..... that would really make my day.

The more I think about that idea, it seems as if that would make me read through the dross! $20 fine for one affiliate link, $50 for two! Yummy.

Margaret
Maggie

Postby Maggie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:17 am

A further comment on this thread is that, although I have niche directories, one for web hosting and another for home repairs, handymen, etc, I find that the bulk of the articles submitted do not fall into these niches. That means a huge amount of weeding out to get to the few good, on topic articles.

When I started these sites, I had hoped to add value to the two particular sectors by providing quality content and targeted leads to the authors of the articles. My "thanks" was going to be the revenue from one or two affiliate programs and adsense. While I have made some money, it certainly doesn't equate to a good hourly rate.

I know that a lot of people use article submission software to post their articles. .... So, if you're content with a scatter gun approach, then this will get you a lot of content very quickly. It may be that my attitude to this is all wrong - if you ask in the ArticleDashboard forum, you might find that there are a lot of people making good revenue from their sites, just because they have got huge amount of articles.

Margaret
Maggie

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites