[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Research Questions • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Research Questions

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Research Questions

Postby deannatroupe » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 pm

deannatroupe

Postby karynsolo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:35 pm

Deanna think of the things that you most have questions about how to do. Then begin to look up links to other products on those subjects. A lot of times I use sites like library of congress, google, I look for sites that offer the same or similar information. For legal sites I stick to the government sites such as the ftc, fcc, doj, fbi etc dependent upon what information I am looking for.

Example: if I were to be researching information on how to deal with credit bureaus I would google the term FCRA or fair credit reporting act, I would look over the statutes and scout information within it about what the credit bureaus are and are not allowed to put on your record, what they must do to correct errors, how much time they have to act upon your request etc. Then I would look up FDCPA Fair debt collection practices act to see what collectors were and were not allowed to report with the credit bureaus as well as how they are bound to acceptable collections methods. Both documents are law this means it is not some other person's interpretation that may be misconstrued.

Generally I stay away from Wiki sites as these are largely made up on personal opinions or information that could be erroneous versus solid.

As far as info products go you could take angles on how to for example protect your pc from prying eyes. You can search information at the manufacturer sites for software such as norton anti virus or other such products. Many times they will have pretty good information for you to use, just make sure whatever you print is in your own words, do not copy and paste. We do not want you getting into trouble with plagiarism.

Listen to your family and friends to see what they have questions about. Interview experts this is a great tool for information, just remember to cite them in the article. If you include them in an e book get an affiliate link going in the book to their product so they get business from the book ad and you get commissions too.

Hope that this helps.
karynsolo

Postby karynsolo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:08 pm

I have been using a Journal as well and make it a point to sit down daily and do one entry. Some of my entries have led to good material in ebooks. This also keeps me in the mode of writing and coming up with new ideas. Freewrite is a great way to do this, just write about whatever is on your mind or take a theme from a newspaper article or newscast and write about it.
karynsolo

Postby deannatroupe » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Great ideas! I'll let you know what I find. Incidentally, I did decide to browse the memberlists of the forums that I belong to. I already found one new website to list in my book! Whoo hoo!
deannatroupe

Postby karynsolo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:52 pm

My main goal is to always give people the most accurate information and that is why I hand choose the sites that I get information from.
karynsolo

Postby onlineleben » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 am

amazon is one of the sources i use for research - checking what is available on a topic i research

Also I use alexa with their related sites feature (or whatever it is named)
onlineleben

Return to Ebooks & Info Products