[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Selling Vs Giving away • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Selling Vs Giving away

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Selling Vs Giving away

Postby Mommyland » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:33 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

Giving away

Postby kowhai » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:06 pm

For a start I feel you have the right idea. Giving away is a good start, be sure to use a form to catch names and addresses, the money is in the list as they say. If your content is indeed unique you will do very well. I wish you all the luck.

Anthony
kowhai

Postby Mommyland » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Thanks for your help.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:57 am

Hi Tamara,

Its a good idea to have a system in place upfront actually. You can have a few free reports, but also one low-priced report/guide. You can then use your product (for sale) as a "one time offer" when they download your free report, or you can offer it in the follow-up emails.

Definitely build a list along the way as recommended above, yes ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mommyland » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:07 am

That makes sense Lynn thanks :) I appreciate it. Ill work on that.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby LeelaCosgrove » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 am

I always tell my seminar attendees ...

NEVER give away an ebook without posting it up for sale at a decent price.

Why?

Because if you give people something for 'free' - they think of it as free ... but if people see that what you've given them for 'free' is being sold elsewhere, they feel special ...

ALWAYS establish a value for what you have created.
LeelaCosgrove

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby greenstacks.com » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:41 pm

I took a small piece out of my ebook and give it away as a free report and then when they opt in to get it, i do my one time offer....i have about a 4.5 % response that view the one time offer that buy it so that seems to work pretty well for me.
greenstacks.com

Postby yeng29 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi Tamara,

giving your ebook for free is definitely a effective way to spread the word about yourself & what you do, especially if it contains good quality content that others will find very useful. At the same time, you should also insert your own website link/s within that ebook as well, so that those who read your ebook can later click on your link/s within your ebook to visit your website as well. And if you could take it one step further & allow your readers to sign up as your affiliates & rebrand your ebook with their own affiliate links as well, then you're really going to see your ebook spreading like wildfire on the internet. Same concepts have been used by quite a number of internet marketers already, especially by the well-know experts & gurus out there.

An example of this is the latest free report mentioned in my 2nd URL link below, which was written by a very well-known & extremely successful internet marketer called Armand Morin, which talks about the simple truth behind internet marketing....it's using those very same concepts i was talking about above (i.e. free report, quality content, rebranding of the report by affiliates ) & as a result it's causing lots of excitement & buzz on the internet....feel free to check out the report to know what i mean...:-)

John Yeng
yeng29

Postby wthomas46 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:14 pm

wthomas46

Postby GaryHarvey » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:04 am

GaryHarvey

Return to Ebooks & Info Products