[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Question about buying PDF software? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Question about buying PDF software?

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Question about buying PDF software?

Postby garyg » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:58 pm

I'm looking at buying the "deskPDF professional" software for making PDF documents. This software is $29.95 for Single User License. I would like one where I'll be able to design the layout some, maybe add some color to the document and so on. Has anyone used this software and if so would you recommended it ? I know most of this type of software where you can do different things is out of my reach, price wise for no more than I need it. Any one have any recommendation? Thanks, Garyg
garyg
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:54 pm

I've been using PDF995.com, which is free - and you can do your document and design work in Word (or open office equivalent). However, I have to use a separate program (PDF995edit) to add hyperlinks... so I am looking at switching to this program ($19) http://www.neevia.com/products/dplt/ . It was recommended by another member here on the forum recently.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LaneLester » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 am

is free, reads/writes MS Office files, and provides a one-click production of a PDF. In the ebook I just finished editing, the Web links work.

Lane
LaneLester

Postby Mommyland » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:29 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

My comments

Postby kowhai » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:21 pm

I still think open office is a must as long as you have the resources to run it, it is a very big download but it is free and is totally compatible with Microsoft Office. It does do PDFs effortlessly and a great piece of software. Even if you write the PDF in Microsoft Word and then use Open Office to convert it.

Anthony
kowhai

PDF995 Edit

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:32 am

Hi Lynn,

Regarding PDF995, there is a way to add buttons into the Word program so that when you click the button, it will automatically convert and insert the hyperlinks in your document.

I may be able to find the instructions on how to do this, if you are interested.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:26 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

just wondering what the word on the hyperlinks

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:29 pm

mellymom3

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby mellymom3 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 pm

mellymom3

Postby homenotion » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Does anyone know how these applications are with adding graphics? My ebook as a lot of large graphics and some of the PDF software doesn't really do the trick.

Elizabeth
homenotion

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:21 pm

I have done a little searching around and found a cool free resource for making PDFs. I use it all the time now. Unless you plan to be using it for many projects that will amount to needing it more than every 30 minutes, I have used it to create 5 projects in one day.
I have found, even when I have screenshots/graphics in my documents it holds the pictures well.
http://www.freepdfconvert.com/
It's easy, all you do is browse, and find your file on your computer and punch in your email address. When the converting is done, a link is emailed to you. You then download onto your computer. It is already in a PDF and zipped up, although you will want to extract it to take a look.
But at least this way, if you find the graphics are not done properly, it was a free test right?
Enjoy! :D
mellymom3

Another good PDF option

Postby Deji » Sat May 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Deji

Postby gallito89 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:40 pm

gallito89

Return to Ebooks & Info Products