[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - question about writing an ebook and getting quotes from pple • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

question about writing an ebook and getting quotes from pple

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

question about writing an ebook and getting quotes from pple

Postby sunflowerlady » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Hello :D

An idea for a holiday themed e-book came to me and I have some ideas to contribute to it, but I think the book would be much stronger if I got some quotes from people with similiar experiences who may have done different things. I think this would add value to the book and would also back up the ebook as one that offers a good resource for the reader.

The book I'm visioning would be like 90% of my writing with resources and then 10% of the quotes with people's stories and experiences to back-up the information that I provide. So my writing suggests "try XYZ" and someone says "I did XYZ and this is what happened....".

My question is: how do I solicit quotes from the general public without giving away my idea for my ebook and risk someone else writing this ebook? And where are some good places to solicit quotes? Should you offer to pay people for quotes in the ebook? Should they just do it for free (even for someone who is really unknown)?

I thank you for your time and welcome your thoughts! :D

:D Abby
sunflowerlady

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 am

Why dont you try just asking general questions on places like MyLot.com or Yahoo! Answers. You dont have to tell them you are writing a book on the topic, but you might be able to message the people that give answers you want to use and let them know you'll be quoting them in a publication.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sunflowerlady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:46 pm

sunflowerlady

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby kirkward » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:01 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:18 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LeelaCosgrove » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:09 am

People worry far too much about their ideas being stolen.

Odds are, people have had ideas for your topic before. The biggest difference between you and them will be actually doing it.

Don't worry about giving your ideas away ... ideas are a dime a dozen. The tenacity to do the work is something that is often missing ...

As for answers to questions ... I suggest checking with your current network. Email them and ask them to pass the email on. Offer credit, of course, and a free copy of your book and you'll easily find people (as well as drum up interest for your book as you go).

You can also do this as a survey web site.
LeelaCosgrove

Return to Ebooks & Info Products