[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - trouble emailing pdf files • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

trouble emailing pdf files

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

trouble emailing pdf files

Postby TorontoCarol » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi all,

before I attempt an ebook, I wrote a short article with half a dozen small photos and saved it as a pdf. Then I tried to email it to myself and I am having trouble sending it. I keep making the photos smaller, but my email keeps timing out and wont send the pdf. I have the time-out set as long as it will go in outlook express.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? When I do sell an ebook, if on ebay, I will need to email it wont I? Or is there another way that these pdf files should be sent?

I dont have any trouble writing, but this kind of thing drives me more around the bend than I am already.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:06 am

Email is so unreliable with all of the limitations and spam filters. The most common solution is to put the file up on your web hosting server and send your buyers the link. You want to put it on the thank you page after they check out and also follow up with a link via email.

You can FTP the file to your hosting account, or upload it using the File Manager.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 am

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:43 am

How do you upload web pages or files for your websites?

It should be basically the same method, unless you are using an online site builder. In that case, look in your hosts FAQ files for instructions on uploading files.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:24 pm

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:30 pm

The link to the file will be directly related to where you uploaded it. If you uploaded it in the root directory (often named www or public_html - where you primary files are) then it will be:

yourdomainname.com/filename.pdf

If you uploaded it in a folder named "download" (for example) the link would be:

yourdomainname.com/download/filename.pdf

Where yourdomainname.com is your actual domain name, and filename.pdf is the actual name of the pdf file you uploaded.

Does that help?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Sorry Lynn, I didn't see your reply until now. Your advice makes it sound easy, so I will give it a try and let you know how I do.

Since I'm a visual learner, if you ever decide to do a show and tell video on IM, I'll be your first customer.

Thanks so much for always being available.
Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:45 pm

You are most welcome, Carol :)

I'll get to work on some new videos ASAP
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Ebooks & Info Products