[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I have a question about free e-books. . . • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I have a question about free e-books. . .

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I have a question about free e-books. . .

Postby goodtaste » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:03 pm

Hi! I downloaded 101 Super Tips, actually, I joined selfstartersweeklytips because I found you guys there. I'm looking for places where I can post free ebooks for free, to test the waters and see how they work to promote my website before I get into writing them for sale or spending anything on promoting them.
Do you know of any of those places in the USA? I know of a site in England.
Thanks!
goodtaste

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:24 pm

Hello 'goodtaste' & Welcome to the SSWT Forum :D 101 SuperTips is an excellent read - glad you clicked through & joined us here!

You might start with the general 'freebie sites', which allow you to list freebies for... free. You can do a search on Google for "freebies" and come up with the most popular freebie sites.

Other ideas that come to mind:

- in your signature file (email & forums)
- use SEO (search engine optimization) to attract targeted download'ers
- write & submit articles, including download link in your signature/resource box
- create a rebrandible version and approach targeted site & newsletter owners with co-promotion opportunity

I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing more about your project!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thank you for sharing a few ideas. . .

Postby goodtaste » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:55 pm

Thank you for answering so quickly! I'll try your suggestions.
If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks!
goodtaste

Postby alice » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:08 pm

Hi there,

There are also plenty of free ebook directories...but from my experience, they aren't terrible effective.

Just search for "free ebook directory" or "ebook directory" and you'll return a number of results. Check the site to see if they take submissions.

If you find a good one, be sure to let us know. :)

Alice
alice

Postby Tam » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:45 pm

Tam

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:04 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby koanwrangler » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:04 pm

koanwrangler

Return to Ebooks & Info Products