[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Robert Kiyosaki -- Copywriter? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Robert Kiyosaki -- Copywriter?

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Robert Kiyosaki -- Copywriter?

Postby Bensettle » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:48 pm

One of the best "copywriters" I've ever read is Robert Kiyosaki.

Even though he doesn't write sales letters (as far as I know, at least).

And even though he'd probably never say he is one.

But he's just a master at communicating and telling stories.

His book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is a prime example.

Anyone who wants to learn how to tell stories just read that book.

It's FULL of great stories.

And I often use it as a guide when I'm stuck for a story to tell when writing my ads.

If anyone else knows of any cool books like this with great stories, please list 'em in this thread.

One thing you can never have enough of is good stories to study...

Ben
Bensettle

Postby AnitaAshland » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:09 pm

AnitaAshland

Postby Bensettle » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:06 pm

I loved reading "Conversations with Millionaires" and totally forgot about that one.

Dan Kennedy books tend to have good stories in them, too -- especially his "NO BS" series.

My favorite is (and can't remember which book this was in, exactly) when he had a bunch of money and time invested in a seminar happening on a particular day, and something went screwy with the AV equipment.

So he calls the technicians in (it's about 5:00 in the evening) and they say they'll have to come back tomorrow afternoon.

So what does good ol' DK do?

He locks 'em in the room until they finished, since he HAD to have it all up and running the next morning. 8)

Classic Dan Kennedy "do whatever it takes" story.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby prime » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:45 pm

prime

Postby Bensettle » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 am

Me too, Prime, in fact, an accountant friend of mine once told me that even after going to college and school for accounting, it wasn't until he read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" that he finally "got" it when it came to accounting.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:37 am

skyjoe76

Postby Paul Wilson » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Ben, what was your favorite story out of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I know two of them. I know it was one when Robert got pissed off at Rich Dad for working for 10 cents an hour and the one when him and Mike mad counterfeit money out of toothpaste.
Paul Wilson

Postby Bensettle » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm

My favorite is where they created a little comic book library and charged admission, and paid one of their sisters to run it so they were totally hands off and making money.

That was cool 8)

And was a real eye-opener for me at the time.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby Paul Wilson » Sat May 16, 2009 9:26 am

Paul Wilson

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters