[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Interesting Swipe File Ad • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Interesting Swipe File Ad

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Interesting Swipe File Ad

Postby Bensettle » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:25 am

Was reading the current issue of "Inc Magazine" and found a neat swipe file ad.

I don't know how well it's pulling, but it's got some really intriguing elements to it.

The headline is:

"How Does This 67-Year-Old Doctor Have The Body Of A 30-Year-Old?"

And then there is a before and after picture:

One of this 67-year-old guy sitting in his boat, flabby arms and belly fully exposed. Typical looking guy of his age and demographic.

And another of him standing without a shirt and totally ripped -- almost like a body builder.

Won't say much for the design of the ad or the copy (although it does mention the media outlets it's been featured on).

But just the headline and photos alone are extremely powerful.

Anyway, I wish my scanner wasn't busted so I could post a link to it. Because it's extremely persuasive. But if you can get your hands on the latest issue of Inc. Magazine you can find it in there.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:31 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bensettle » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:28 am

Hey Joe, as soon as I get a new scanner I'll post a link to it.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:06 am

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Dr Beck » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:12 pm

What copywriter worth his salt doesn't have a scanner? :roll:
Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:33 pm

I have always had a scanner... it's just that it recently decided to stop working and I've been too lazy to get a new one or even order a new one online :D

Ben
Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Or...just mail it to me :D
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bensettle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Or (and I know this sounds radical) you can march down to the book store and grab a copy of the current "Inc. Magazine" and see this ad in the "flesh" (so to speak).

(putting on my obnoxious direct marketer hat) But you better hurry. It may not be out much longer. Act now. Don't delay. Time is short and you MUST do this today.

ORDER NOW!

Ben
Bensettle

Postby Kyle Tully » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Kyle Tully

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bensettle » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 am

Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:34 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bensettle » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Hokay... here it is...

With all this build up, I sure hope it was worth the wait...

Ben
Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:51 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby RadioGirl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:40 pm

This is just weird.

I just returned that magazine to the library yesterday and I noticed that ad too.
RadioGirl
Elite Member

Next

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters