[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Who Else Wants to Critique My Copy? ya you, Ben, Ryan, Ray.. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Who Else Wants to Critique My Copy? ya you, Ben, Ryan, Ray..

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Who Else Wants to Critique My Copy? ya you, Ben, Ryan, Ray..

Postby Dr Beck » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 pm

This is my second piece of copy. My first one is pulling very well, but it's in a very narrow niche with a small amount of traffic.

This one gets a lot more traffic, but is converting poorly (1.5%).

http://www.ultimateguidetoclothdiapers.com/index1.html
Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:02 am

Hey Dr. Beck,

:!: Disclaimer: I am NOT in this market. So take with a grain of salt.:!:

OK, let's start with the headline:

"Who Else Wants These Tips And Secrets About How To Avoid Stinky, Stained and Leaky Cloth Diapers?”

What about making it look and sound more like a helpful article than a sales letter?

Maybe:

"Advice To Mom's Who Are Sick And Tired Of Leaky Cloth Diapers"

IF that's the pain on their mind, then it should be pretty hard for them to resist reading further.

Then, when you start it out, get right to the point:

===============================

Dear Mom,

If you never want to have to deal with another stinky, stained and leaky cloth diaper again, then this will be the most exciting message you ever read.

Then launch into your story. Make it something most every other mom can relate to. Like this:

My name is Autumn Beck. I am a mom of 3 and, not long ago, I decided to switch to cloth diapers.

The reason I did this
(fill in the exactly same reasons other moms in the market choose cloth diapers).

However, like you probably learned, when I did this (fill in all the confusing issues, problems, etc with cloth diapers. Make it dramatic, and extreme as you can.)

Then one day, while (reading/listening to some authority) I learned a way to (solve the problems all the cloth diaper moms have).

Then segue into your product.

You might want to try testing something like that.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby Dr Beck » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:27 pm

thanks Ben. I'll write up a new version and run a split test.
Dr Beck

Postby RyanHealy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Price: Perhaps try $29 to see if that boosts conversions. Your current price of $37 is between normal psychological price thresholds.

I guess one of my questions is why people gravitate toward cloth diapers in the first place.

I've thought about it before... and my primary motivation for considering them was to help the environment.

It just kills me to think about how many diapers I've thrown away.

Is that the same motivation for other parents?

If so, perhaps you could call attention to that primary motivation in your headline.

For instance, if the primary motivation is saving money, then you could say...

"How You Can Use Cloth Diapers (without Unwanted Smells & Leaks), Slash Your Diaper Costs in Half ... and Still Make All the Other Moms Shake Their Heads in Amazement..."

I would think there's got to be an ego angle in here somewhere. A mom who does cloth diapering probably feels superior to other moms or wants her friends to respect her.

Just some thoughts...

Ryan
RyanHealy

Postby Dr Beck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks Ryan.

I did put up a one time offer as a thank you page after the squeeze page. This is only seen by my PPC traffic. It is doing much better at a lower price of $20, pulling at 6.6% But I'm not sure if it's due to the reduction in price, or the perceived "one time offer" discount of 45% off the normal price.

I like that headline. I will test it.

Primary motivators for cloth diapering, according to my interviews:
1. environmental
2. financial
3. health concerns

The problem is that many of those that feel strongly about #2 or #3, are put off by environmental reasons. So I was trying to capture all three types in my copy, since the market isn't massively huge (approx 30k searches a month online).
Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Bensettle

Postby Dr Beck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:11 am

Hey Dr. Beck,

I didn't spend much time at all. However, it was for a high ticket product and so one extra sale per week (or even month) was worth the effort.

In most cases, I just changed the headlines to flag each market segment down.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby Dr Beck » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:55 am

Oh. Changing the headlines would not be a problem, as I wrote about 50 for this product. I had thought you meant rewriting most of the copy.
Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:58 am

Bensettle

Postby Dr Beck » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:10 pm

Hey Ben,

I just completed one test and the new headline dropped the conversion quite a bit. Setting up the next test.

Haven't done the double domain test, as I have been writing copy unrelated niche. Thanks to Terry Dean's testimonial, I just ordered your book, so maybe that will help me write great copy :) I h ad it on my wish list for awhile, but moved it up to the top after listening to Terry.
Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Bensettle

Postby KansasDragon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:50 pm

KansasDragon

Postby Dr Beck » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Dr Beck

Postby Bensettle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Bensettle

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters