[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting?

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting?

Postby kidino » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:19 am

kidino
Elite Member

Postby Andre Chaperon » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:12 pm

What are your options -- what have you looked at?

A really cheap book is The Ultimate Sales Letter by Dan S. Kennedy. You can grab a copy from Amazon for just a couple of dollars. It's an author, if you don't already know, that ALL the great marketers rave about, and have a number of his publications in their back pocket at all times ;-)

With that said, I haven't got round to reading it yet as I only received it about a week ago.

Alternatively, you can learn a GREAT deal by just been subscribed to the newsletters of Gary Halbert, Paul Myers, Ted Nicholas, and Michel Fortin. Those four copywriters are simply the best the Internet has to offer, period!

Contrary to popular belief, writers are made, not born!

Take care my friend,
Last edited by Andre Chaperon on Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby kidino » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:23 pm

thanks for the post, andre.

i have subscribed to michel fortin ... i think he's great too. i like reading what people post at the forum.

gary halbert ... i once stumbled into his site but the proxy server at my office block the newsletter archive ... i totally forgotten about that. thanks for bringing it up ...

Paul Myers and Ted Nicholas I am not very familiar with ... but I'll look it up. Thanks again for your post.

I'll check out that book you mention ...
kidino
Elite Member

Postby sugarrae » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:17 pm

Net Words by Nick Usborne
Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples (not centered around online, but is filled with core info that works in any medium)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Web copywriting

Postby Eileen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:52 pm

Check out "Web Word Wizardry" by Rachel McAlpine. I refer to it again and again when I'm writing web content for clients.

Eileen
Eileen

Re: Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting?

Postby jbsmith » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:02 pm

You will learn great technique from the names you have already
listed, another great resource is "Words That Sell" which is a copywriters
"thesaraus" giving you terrific action words, and ways of expressing
what you want to say.

Two other recommendations...

1. Start your own personal "swipe" file of great ads, headlines, classifieds,
emails, etc... You will get to see patterns and learn how to do it almost
by osmosis.

2. Practice, practice, practice. How do you practice? Only way I know
is to actually try and sell something yourself and use it as a test bed.
Change your headlines, change your copy, find out what works.

Cheers...

Jeff
jbsmith

Re: Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting?

Postby kidino » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:39 am

kidino
Elite Member

Re: Web copywriting

Postby kidino » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:40 am

kidino
Elite Member

Postby alice » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:01 pm

Make Your Words Sell - by Dr. Ken Evoy is always my top choice. :)

I've written a very short page on here.

I just changed it from a sales page to a information page, so bear with me...I'll add more info. My retirement from web copywriting is very recent and sudden, so I had to get something there quickly.

Alice
alice

Postby Hock Ng » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:34 am

Hock Ng

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:03 am

I just recently picked up Net Words by Nick Usborne - thanks for the recommendation!

I'm also reading Karon Thackston's and her report “How To Increase Keyword Saturation (Without Destroying the Flow of Your Copy)”.
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andre Chaperon » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:19 am

Another option I can recommend is Michael Fortin's website. Every month he critiques web copy via Camtasia screen capture, and you get to the observe the entire process -- including Mike thought process.

This month Mike critiques www.DogTrainingZone.com in a 5-HOUR long critique -- he changes almost the entire copy :shock:
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Web Copywriting.

Postby Genesis » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:51 pm

There's a Netwriting Master's Course available . I have used it and found it valuable.

Go to :
http://netwriting.sitesell.com/fastprofits1.html

and download the course - It's FREE!

Cheers.

Genesis
Genesis

Postby kidino » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:08 am

kidino
Elite Member

Postby kidino » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:54 am

And also ... I just bought a new book ..

The Copywriter's Handbook - Robert Bly

Going through it right now ...
kidino
Elite Member

Next

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters