This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Request for Feedback/critique

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Request for Feedback/critique

Postby SRSFinance » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:09 pm

I'm a newbie to the affiliate industry but have been in the website business for over 5 years. I just set up an affiliate program for our membership site via PayDotCom.

It is a membership site that pays 50% recurring monthly commissions on a $99.95 monthly subscription rate. As noted, the site has been around for over 5 years and on average subscribers remain with us close to 12 months. Qualified free trial members (those who arrive from targeted PPC and from financial-oriented websites) convert on average 1 out of 10. I have even created a free ebook that I am providing new affiliates with a detailed marketing strategy that has served our site well over the years.

I honestly thought that this program would attract a large number of affiliates right out of the starting gate due to the recurring commissions, and other features I just mentioned. I guess I was naive.

I'm still on the low end of the learning curve here, but am taking some ideas from this website and will be putting them to work heavily in an effort to recruit affiliates. So far I've just advertised on PDC's MB and have only gotten 1 taker.

I would certainly welcome any comments, criticism, or advice any of you good people might have to offer about this program and how to get it off the ground.

The affiliate details are in my signature.

Thanks, and thanks to Lynn for a really great forum. This place is top notch!
SRSFinance

Return to Affiliate Program Managers