[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can you capture leads before a hoplink? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can you capture leads before a hoplink?

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Can you capture leads before a hoplink?

Postby Dave Navarro » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:02 pm

I have a new product I'm releasing (my first on ClickBank), and I'm wondering if there's a way I can set up a squeeze page that my affiliates can send traffic to, but that will still give the affiliate credit when the prospect buys.

It seems like the only way to do this is to manually set up a separate squeeze page for each affiliate, and then have the squeeze page forward over to the affiliate's hoplink ... does anyone know if there's some automated way to do this?

(my apologies if I'm not explaining my situation clearly - I'm going on 2 hours of sleep after a massive road trip ... ) :D

Thanks -
Dave
Dave Navarro

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:58 am

Jim Guinn

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:32 pm

half21back

Postby Dave Navarro » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Hmm ... I may be guilty of being stupid, but I think I've misunderstood this whole thing.

If I take the pitch page and replace it with a squeeze page (moving the pitch page HTML to a post-squeeze page), my clickbank affiliates will still get their commission when the 'squeezed' prospect orders, right?
Dave Navarro

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Ok, let's see if we can clear this up. But first, let me ask you a question. Are you trying to capture a lead before you make the sale so you can follow up with an autoresponder? Is that what you're trying to do?

I understand that you're trying to make sure that the affiliate still gets the commission for the prospect's order.

Maybe this will help.

Here's how the ClickBank hoplink works, once an affiliate sends traffic (a.k.a. a visitor, or a prospect) through the hoplink, a cookie is placed on the visitor's computer for 60 days. If that visitor returns to the site and orders at any time in the next 60 days, they are credited with the sale and the publisher (you, if you own the product) splits the commission with the affiliate.

Does this help at all?
half21back

Postby Dave Navarro » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks for the reply -

Indedd, that's what I want to do. I want the affiliate to send to a squeeze page, which will then direct the prospect to the sales pages (and send their email address to my Aweber autoresponder.

If the prospect doesn't buy off of the first exposure to the sales page, I'll follow up with the autoresponders ... and the affiliate is all good as long as they buy within 60 days, right?

For some reason, I got confused, thinking the affiliate wouldn't get credit unless I customized the hoplink ...

Now, I realize that tha affiliate's hoplink will be:
http://<affiliatename>.<myname>.hop.clickbank.net/ and the order link will be
http://1. (because it's product #1)

I had a brain freeze and thought that the order link and hoplink were one and the same.

I guess this non-problem is solved!

Thanks to all -
Dave Navarro

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:24 pm

half21back

Postby Dave Navarro » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 pm

Dave Navarro

Return to Affiliate Program Managers