[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forget PPC - It's time for PPP! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forget PPC - It's time for PPP!

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Forget PPC - It's time for PPP!

Postby Ellen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:16 pm

As a consumer visiting hundreds - if not thousands of websites every month, I've grown weary of the PPC links. Not to mention the banners, the pop-ups, pop-unders, etc., etc. As a matter of fact, I've essentially trained myself to ignore it all. And don't kid yourself by thinking I'm the only one who has done that.

Oh I might click a "sponsored link" once in awhile. To be honest, though, because I do understand someone is going to get paid for my click, unless the site I'm on is one I especially enjoy visiting and I want to show their pages a little love by clicking, I almost never do it otherwise.

Let's face it. We consumers are smarter today than ever, and the majority of us are fully aware we can find what they're looking for - when we want to find it. And just because you have a link to something that you think I might be interested in -- because I'm on your website, that doesn't necessarily equate to my wanting to spend more of my valuable time clicking a link, a banner, what-have-you, to go to yet another website. (I can easily find whatever it is when I'm ready to look for it, and when I'm prepared to my spend time focused on that particular topic.)

If you consider what advertising really is (a vehicle to get your name, brand, offerings, etc., into the public eye,) and what it is not (a way to make sales on the spot,) then it makes sense to simply help the advertisers do what they NEED to do - and not try to do for them what they just can't do with an advertisment.

Enter ! This is a NEW and in my opinion, REFRESHING way to not only help advertisers accomplish their goals BUT a way to help YOUR website visitors too. Seriously, if you truly do appreciate your website visitors time, don't you owe it to them to do what is in your power to show you actually care?

With PPP, you won't be sending your visitors to an advertisers website and you won't have to fill your pages up with "click me please" links, banners, etc., to generate an income. You'll be paid for 100% of your traffic! And that's an income that for most of us IS critical for supporting our websites, blogs, and all of our other e-thing ventures.

I know I'll be listening from here on out. Speakers on and ready to HEAR what's new. And for darn sure disappointed if I don't HEAR anything... but instead, only seeing the tired old "PPC" links that IMO will soon be a thing of the past -- or at least simply a "just in case someone clicks" type of monitization option.

Your thoughts?
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:55 pm

UPDATE: The PPP partner referral program is now closed.

NEWS: 02/11/2008

Our distribution network has grown to almost 1 billion possible audio ad plays per month. We only anticipated a growth to about 200 million audio ad plays per month and have far exceeded this goal. As a result we will be temporarily closing the opportunity to acquire new partners so that we can fill the entire network with advertising.

The KEYWORD in the above news update is "TEMPORARILY."

You can still sign up to be notified when the partner program re-opens later.

Think about it, even if there were only 200 million audio ads capable of being played per month (that number is actually in the billions now), just imagine how many frustrated advertisers there are out there who are ready to try something new. Not only is this new - but there is an entire network of distributors already set up and prepared to begin playing audio ads for billions of website visitors.

And as more and more advertisers come on board, the need for more "quality" PPP distribution partners will increase substantially. Therefore YOU still have a chance to take advantage of this yourself.

View the sign up form through my signature link.
Ellen

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising