This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Picking the Correct Strategy for Leads

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Picking the Correct Strategy for Leads

Postby James Clark » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Trying to pick a Strategy for leads? If you need instantaneous traffic then the choice is easy. Start by running a Pay-Per-Click ad. That's the fastest way to get traffic to your site. Those are the ads that show up on the right-hand side when you receive the Search results.

If, on the other hand, you can wait for traffic, then you might want to consider doing some "warm traffic strategies", such as Web 2.0 tactics Blogs, Articles, Press Releases, Social networking sites, Podcasts, etc. The good thing about those tactics is they're either free or low-cost.

So we now know there are warm and cold leads.

Then again, you can do a combination of paid/unpaid traffic until the other, warmer, low-cost and free traffic strategies kick in.
The warm leads take time to build a relationship with the visitors. That means if you are both interest in the same things, more clients, copywriting, etc.

However, if you're selling something like a coffeepot, pay-per-click works well. Why? Because people already know what a coffeepot is, they want to buy one, and all they're looking for is the right model at the right price. That's easy to get across in a pay-per-click ad.

Pay-per-click traffic is Ice-Cold. What that means is these are people who don't know who you are. They're responding to an ad they saw in a search. So, you must have a warm up method. If you are selling an information product, and you are not one of the big names use the first six e-mails to warm up the leads.

Start you emails with statement like this "Since one of your interests was making money" and start talking to them like that, and send them free information that will help them. Please don't try to copy my statement, build you own. The first six should be like that.
The seventh e-mail you can try to sell them something.

I have been successful building my list by using PPC Small Search Engines. While during that we don't worry about trying to sell them stuff, even thought we make a few sales after the opt-in that is not the primary goal here.

My objective is to get them to opt-in or download "The Special Report". The special report needs no opt-in. You can make money on the backend products! The special report has links back to the squeeze page. Don't worry about ROI and Sales that will come once they are on your list.

If setting this up properly is a little fuzzy PM me, and I will give you the details.
PPC campaigns can be disastrous if not done correctly.

Jimmy.
James Clark

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising