[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can the average webmaster succeed with Adwords? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can the average webmaster succeed with Adwords?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Can the average webmaster succeed with Adwords?

Postby 77wealth.com » Sat May 26, 2007 6:02 pm

Hello

I myself have tried Google adwords

many different ways, it seems like Google do not

want the average webmaster to succeed in their program.

Seems like the bids start off at $0.40 and $0.50 no matter

what keyword avariation you use.
77wealth.com

Postby Getagrip » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:19 am

I think you can suceed, but it will take some time, and a lot of "tweaking". If you are struggling with Adwords, I'd recommend joining Wealthy Affiliate - they have some great Adwords tutorials and can give you a lot of help with the areas you are struggling in - and will even log in to your Adwords account to give you some pointers!
Getagrip

Consider this

Postby braver55b » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:17 pm

It has been alot tougher to use as one minute you're paying 10 cents a click and then without notice your cherished converting keywords are inactive and google is demanding and arm, a leg and your firstborn to reactivate those keywords. ($5-$10+ a click)

I later learned about things like having a privacy policy etc affects what they call the quality score and ultimately the price you pay.

I learned about this from former Google employee Simon Leung try googling his name. He really breaks it all down. :D
braver55b

Postby trekfun » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:19 am

I used to use Goggle Adwords to promote my business with.
It was expensive at times and I did not get very good
sales either.

I found to make it work, you have to have very targeted
keywords to the niche you are promoting. You can not just
use a general keyword like business or work at home
because they cost a lost and the customers are not targeted
to what you are promoting.

Try writing articles in blogs, squidoo lens, social bookmarking,
these are all free and if you have good content with your
articles you will be rewarded with traffic to your website.

To Your Success,
Les
trekfun

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising