[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is SEO better than PPC? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is SEO better than PPC?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Is SEO better than PPC?

Postby debroar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:30 pm

I've really had it with the PPC reality. I get that it works and I get the system that goes with it, however much it changes from day to day. However, for just starting a home business, it seems not to be cost effective for the results. Once one is generating income than a percentage going in this direction may be warranteed, however I've seen so many people get into large financial holes with PPC.

SEO... Search Engine Optimization, seems to be an answer or alternative in this PPC reality. This may not be short term results, however in the medium to long term it can make a difference and drive a lot of traffic to your site.

In my opinion SEO is part of the marketing machine and the distinct advantage I see over PPC is that once the PPC dollars run out you are out.. In SEO realities with a little maintainance you can be up and in front of folks consistantly.

Please understand I'm not saying don't do PPC, I am saying add SEO to the package and generate more results long term.
debroar

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby Kirk » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:50 am

Kirk

Postby itay » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:25 am

for long term I would do both... lower risks. instead of depending on ppc only or SEO you can always enjoy both! results are changing depending on so many things to just Test Test Test!!!
itay

Postby Hock Ng » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 am

SEO can bring lots of organic traffic... and the best thing about that kind of traffic is that you don't have to pay for every visitor. But you're at the mercy of the search engines - if they change their algorithms, you could be toast.

PPC on the other hand can bring you lots of quick, targeted traffic, if done right. The recent AdWords changes will weed out the weak players... it's survival of the fittest.

Why not do both at the same time? That way you can build for the short-term and long-term as well.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby Dale King » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:00 pm

I wrote an article on this very subject. You can view it here:

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=11025

Dale King
Dale King

Postby MichaelWinicki » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:13 pm

MichaelWinicki

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:46 pm

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I wanted to say
"Hi Michael!" - Welcome to the SSWT Forum :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby AcapulcoSteve » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:29 am

I agree with what Michael and Jim Guinn said, but a little SEO doens't hurt, and sure may help in the long run.
AcapulcoSteve

Postby HighSchoolRichKid » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:28 pm

PPC is, in my opinion, the best way to get traffic to your site. If you don't know what you're doing, or you choose the most popular keywords for a very competitve product, it's true you can lose money fast!! That's why educating yourself, reading some good ebooks on the subject, is essential before you dive in to a PPC campaign.

But again, nothing beats PPC for INSTANT traffic!
HighSchoolRichKid

Postby massimo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:03 am

:D Good day!
I think (both) SEO and PPC are good traffic resources...

Personally, I love SEO cause you get visitors (to your sites) without paying a dime.
When you have experience on this market, you save lot of money...

On the other side,
PPC marketing got a new revolution thanks to , and I love it very much.

Probably the BigDaddy will become the number #1 of PPC engines. It's my opinion. :wink:

Have a marvelous day,
massimo

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:46 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby captain » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:54 am

captain
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Quario » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:16 am

A study was done on this a little while back where Brad Callon showed on video where SEO especially the top three spots received far more clicks than the PPC.

I don't remember what the percentages were though.

The video was very interesting as they also showed what it takes to achieve one of those spots.

I don't know if the video is still online but could probably find out by going to Brad Callons SEOElite site.

Lynn :D
Lynn Quario

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:48 pm

I've seen this video also. They did a experiment where they hooked up some kind of sensor that pinpoints exactly where somebody's eye looks on the computer screen.

All of the hotspots are in the top left side of the screen. That's where people tend too start looking when they first visit a website.

This is also useful information for people trying to make money with Adsense that are looking for better ad placement.

Organic search results do get more traffic then PPC, but it takes more time and lots of keyword research to effectively use SEO. Do not try and go for broad topics. People are more targeted buyers if they are searching for longer 4 or 5 phrase keywords. This is what you want to be ranking for in the top ten for in the search engines.

Regards,
Daniel Cassidy
Daniel Cassidy

Next

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising