[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Will this work? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Will this work?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Will this work?

Postby Fiachra Kavanagh » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:49 am

Hi all,

At the moment I have the following blogs which relate to my personal interests.
http://efeek.com
http://efeek.com/futuremovies/
http://www.efeek.com/celebrity/
http://www.efeek.com/golf/

All I am doing is just republishing other sites news, will this work out longterm?? or do i need to write original content??
any other good pointers??

thanks

Fiachra
Fiachra Kavanagh

Re: Will this work?

Postby flensborg » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:04 am

flensborg

Postby Steve MacLellan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:43 am

I think it pretty well fits the definition of

Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Steve MacLellan

Postby Kirk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:43 pm

Aside from the other comments posted, I think you're going to be very disappointed in the results from this project for the following reasons:

1) You've picked incredibly competitive niches - golf, celebrity and movies. You're competing with literally *millions* of other websites. Broad topics sites like this have almost no chance to get decent traffic - especially with duplicated content.

2) Multi-topic domain - having several unrelated topics co-exist on the same domain is gonna hurt your rankings and confuse your visitors.

3) Ads - are you relying solely on Adsense for revenue? These ads won't pull a CTR much higher than 2% - 3% and I doubt the payout will be much more than .15 to .20. Even with 1000 visitors/day (which would be very hard to achieve in these categories), that's only about $6/day.

Is it really worth it?
Kirk

Postby Fiachra Kavanagh » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:32 pm

Guys,

thanks for all that. I needed to be set right on these issues. Its amazing how you can often find out so much more by just posting a question than you do by reading the text book. I know what direction i need to go in now.

thanks

Fiachra
Fiachra Kavanagh

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging