[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Wordpress Pinging Problem. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Wordpress Pinging Problem.

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Wordpress Pinging Problem.

Postby Fiachra Kavanagh » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:39 pm

I have just started experimenting with blogs www.efeek.com and I have noticed that my blog posts are not being updated by the pingomatic sites like technorati.
I checked the wordpress support forum and I see that other users are complaining of similar problems. It seems to a problem that only affects WP 2.0 and possibly 2.1 .

I checked some other blogs that are posted here and I cant find their recent posts in technorati either. The blogs I checked are :

http://www.candlechic.com
http://marketing-tools-review.com/blog

Anyone got any idea whats wrong??
Fiachra Kavanagh

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:08 pm

The problem may be with ping-o-matic and not necessarily with WordPress.

Simply remove Ping-o-matic from the list of update services and manually add each individual ping site to WordPress.

Owen Winkler has (though his post talks about slow posting and not necessarily updated pings).

Also, you must consider that Technorati as well as some others may have an indexing delay for new blogs. So patience is also important.

Hope that helps,
Teli
theuniek1

Postby Fiachra Kavanagh » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:41 am

Problem fixed !!!

Lynette Chandler of www.bloggingstarterpack.com sorted it out for me.
The problem was with pingomatic.com, so I removed their link from the update service list and replaced it with all the individual update site's links .ie
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

For anyone confused with blogging, I really recommend www.bloggingstarterpack.com it has helped me with alot of issues.

thx

Fiachra
Fiachra Kavanagh

Postby theuniek1 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:29 am

Hi Fiachra,
I'm glad to hear you got the issue sorted out - a lot of people are having problems with Ping-O-Matic, but I know Matt and crew are working to fix it up.

Warm regards,
~Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging