[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Trying to add blog • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Trying to add blog

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Trying to add blog

Postby neverlandmall » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:12 pm

I am trying to add a blog to my website about internet shopping. Anybody know of a blog program that would work and could be added to my existing URL?
neverlandmall

Where is it hosted

Postby Warren Contreras » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:54 am

It depends on where your domain is hosted. If they have Cpanel and Fantastico it's a piece of cake. Just go to your Cpanel, click Fantastico, find WordPress and tell it to install it.
Last edited by Warren Contreras on Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Contreras

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:05 am

Yes, do check with your host first as that is a super easy solution - but its WordPress you want to look for. If they dont offer it, you can set up a blog at www.blogger.com and have it publish to a specific directory on your site, too.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Blogging

Postby neverlandmall » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:23 pm

My hosting company is more complex than the "easy" suggestion. I will try www.blogger.com

Thanks!

New Stores:

(under construction)
(Under construction)

and More coming soon!
neverlandmall

Postby Jeff Casmer » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby neverlandmall » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:34 am

I am using Blogger now but for some reason it won't publish. I'm not sure what is going on. It worked back in October. My webhoster has no idea either. The error message reads "Broken Pipe". I have plenty of FTP available so that's not the issue.
neverlandmall

Look elsewhere

Postby Warren Contreras » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:54 am

Blogger is a hosted application and has nothing to do with your web host. If you get error messages they come from the Bloggger server, not your own and FTP is not even involved. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and involves transfering complete files from one computer to another.

If you keep getting errors try emailing support at Blogger.
Warren Contreras

Blogger

Postby neverlandmall » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:54 pm

neverlandmall

Shoulders Shrugging . . . .

Postby Warren Contreras » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:43 pm

Warren Contreras

blog

Postby aweber62 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:34 am

blog
Last edited by aweber62 on Mon May 01, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aweber62

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:25 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Blogger

Postby neverlandmall » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:40 pm

I don't even know what the Blogger URL is since I have been posting to my domain. I'll have to check. I did learn something interesting though last night. I typed in broken pipe error message blogger into the google search engine and got pages of people with the exact same problem. They don't change anything and suddenly it stops publishing. Then 2 weeks later it works again and so on. Seems it is a global issue right now, not just with mine.
neverlandmall

Postby neverlandmall » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:44 pm

Just tried the blogspot URL with Blogger. No good. Reads that the FTP is incorrect. Stranger by the minute. I have a VERY small blog right now and would be happy to switch if anyone has any suggestions.
neverlandmall

Postby sugarrae » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:41 pm

Expression engine is *not* an easy install, but I highly prefer it to other platforms.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby neverlandmall » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:51 pm

Message from Blogger to Users on Google:

Thanks for letting us know about this. This problem is being caused by a networking issue on our servers which we are currently investigating. We hope to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience while we work on it."
neverlandmall

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging