[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adding Audio to your Blog... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adding Audio to your Blog...

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Adding Audio to your Blog...

Postby Kevin Robb » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:44 am

Audio has been around on conventional websites for a long time now but with Blogs multiplying by the hundreds in recents times I have noticed that very few run audio.

It is not something I have researched in detail but maybe there is a reason why.

Maybe one of the experts here could shed some light on the subject for me.

Teli...Where are you?

Cheers :wink:

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby brogary » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:06 pm

I just recently started using audio on my blogs.
http://blogs-built.blogspot.com/

I've tried a number of audio and video programs and have settled on this for audio.

http://audiogenerator.com/default.asp?r ... =216598&r=

Another example of where I've used audio
http://motorcowboy.blogspot.com
brogary

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:47 pm

Hi Kevin,
I'm here - I just had a few LOL.

As for audio, it's something I've been thinking of doing more of recently (i.e. podcasts) and I think they will continue to grow in popularity in the coming days.

One of the drawbacks for a number of people is the size of the file the visitor would need to download or wait for to load.

Another problem is with webmasters not knowing exactly how to create a podcast. Many don't know that some of the newer computers come with a built in microphone and audio recording software or that they can download for free (which I *love* by the way).

In the meantime, you can find heaps of podcasts on various topics at ...

To finish up - I say don't wait for everyone else - start paving your own way down the audio blogging road.
theuniek1

Audio Now Why Wait easy/simple

Postby brogary » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:33 pm

I like you know that podcasting audio and video are here now and you might as well jump on the band wagon. I've read lots on podcasting in general. It helped to narrow my focus when I started thinking about how I wanted to use podcasting / audio now. I'm no tech giant, marketing is my love. I wanted audio now.....I love it.

This company provides me with everything I want for now. I wanted to stop studying and just start using audio on the applications I have now.
I wanted to;
1.) Send audio emails with no buffing - instant play
2.) Put audio on websites/blogs with no server problems
3.) Put audio on EBay- create quick messge - capture code - paste into
discription - I wanted this done in minutes. Time is an issue.
4.) Easy way to capture code for general uses.

I can do all of these things with

http://members.audiogenerator.com/speci ... p?x=216598

An example http://www.motorcowboy.com. This is one of ten website I manage along with 10 blogs I manage. I will incorporate audio where the application is useful for sales.
brogary

Postby kidino » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:24 am

kidino
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging