[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Deleted a post by mistake :-( Can I get it back ? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Deleted a post by mistake :-( Can I get it back ?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Deleted a post by mistake :-( Can I get it back ?

Postby Janice Dugas » Tue May 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue May 19, 2009 6:29 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:36 pm

If it was indexed already it could be in the cache as Lisa mentioned, other than that I think it's gone forever.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 am

If you have a backup of your database that was saved after the content was published, the post and comment will be in there. If you don't want to restore the backup because you've since made other updates, you can retrieve the text from the backup file and repost.

Of course you could just let it go as one of those "oops" we've all done. It's not all that bad. :)
lindastacy

Postby Janice Dugas » Wed May 20, 2009 8:09 am

Happy to read your replies !

I googled the title of the post which was "Welcome to Scotiana.com" but did not get it to display on the search results pages.

Went to archive.org but the blog is too young for this site as we opened it on May 12th 2009

So, I guess I am left with the database restore option as Linda mentions. Ok. Since I had not yet implemented a scheduled back up procedure for the blog, I will call hosting company and see if they have a back up, and if so, ask if it is possible to restore it to an anterior date.

Many thanks for your guiding lights pointing me in the right direction.

All the best :-)
Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Wed May 20, 2009 9:46 am

lindastacy

Postby Janice Dugas » Wed May 20, 2009 10:00 am

Yes ! That's the one Linda ! :D :D :D Great !
You're as good as Sherlock Holmes at it's best :-)

We retyped the introduction post on the blog ,but were sad to have lost the first comment.

Any way to get the comment back online other than a restore ? Doubt it now, but will await your reply before calling hosting company.

Merci beaucoup beaucoup !!

All the best.
Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Wed May 20, 2009 10:25 am

Way to go, Linda! Way to go! [clap! clap!] Way to go, Linda! Way to go! [clap! clap!] Totally awesome!

Janice - you can just copy and paste the comment and the commenter's name back in there.....

Another thought I had was to write a post "To Natounette...." and ask her to come back and comment again. That'd be cool to have a post addressed to yourself and all... I'd dig it, anyway! hehe
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:16 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 pm

lindastacy

Great Wordpress Plugin To Back Up Blog data!

Postby Robert A. Kearse » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Janice Dugas:

Here is a link to a great Wordpress plugin that has saved me from
extereme anguish when I accidently deleted my most important post
(more than once):

Highly recommended!

Robert
Robert A. Kearse

Postby Janice Dugas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Merci Robert for taking time to share this valuable information !

I will get this plugin right now. Did not know it existed...

Will also advise my WP blogging friends about it.

Thanks again

All the best !
Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Postby wade_watson » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 pm

I think it's absolutely necessary to keep a local backup of all blog posts. The easiest way I've found to do that is with an external blog editor. This also makes entering a new entry a breeze compared to dealing with the WordPress posting interface. My favorite is Windows Live Writer. It's a free download. There are several other editors, though. Here's a review I did of WLW awhile back:

--Wade Watson
wade_watson

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging