[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need help to use custom header with Wordpress on my domain • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need help to use custom header with Wordpress on my domain

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Need help to use custom header with Wordpress on my domain

Postby Mary Austin » Tue May 19, 2009 9:59 am

I created blog on Wordpress.com, used digg 3 template and easily created and installed a custom header
http://www.homecomputertipspdq.wordpress.com

The header is saved as a .jpg image

Then I decided to move the blog to its own domain which is hosted with Hostgator as a addon domain.

Everything worked perfectly, moved the posts, installed the digg 3 template, etc, however now that the blog is on my own domain, there is no longer the option to install my own header. By that, I mean the command is not there at all.

If I could do it on Wordpress hosted, why not on my own website? Anyone know how I can do this?

Mary Austin
Mary Austin

Postby lindastacy » Wed May 20, 2009 7:42 am

You can customize your header. Some themes have a options section where you can upload and set a custom header. For other themes you may be able to just replace the theme's header graphic file with your own (sizes have to match). And others may require that you edit the css file.
lindastacy

Postby terrapin719 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Yup, what Linda said. Does your theme have a read me file with it? Sometimes there are extra directions in that for customizing headers and sidebars.

In most cases it is just replacing the graphic in your hosted files. If you get stuck let us know.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging