[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My Lazy Way To Generate Traffic For My Blog • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My Lazy Way To Generate Traffic For My Blog

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

My Lazy Way To Generate Traffic For My Blog

Postby jbwood » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:06 pm

While I was responding to a post on another forum about generating traffic I thought to myself, “Hey, this will make a great blog entry and maybe even an article”

When I first got started I was overwhelmed with the “do this” and “do that” for generating traffic. Over time I have settled down into what matches my style.

The biggest thing was including a link to my product’s website (instead of to my own website) in my signature file in every forum I joined. Also adding the link to my e-mail signatures was a big step.

It may not sound like a big step but I don’t use signature files simply because I like typing my name instead of using a signature file. A letter just doesn’t seem “finished” if I don’t type my name. Yeah I know, the shrink doesn’t get me either.

Also, I join forums that interest me, and not just ones in my niche. I have a life outside of internet marketing and I have more interests than internet marketing. Internet marketing is what I do, not who I am. It’s not to project that I’m more well rounded (instead of just fat), it’s a reflection of the fact that I am more well rounded.

So what if my blog training videos don’t match my interests in salt water aquariums? I’m not there to advertise my product, but to participate in the forum and there’s nothing wrong with having a link to my unrelated product in my signature file.

If I ever sell a related product, I’ll change my signature file to match but until I do, fish keepers do more than just keep fish and they may want to learn how to set up a blog. The point is that it (fish keeping) is an interest of mine and not a sneaky way to advertise.

For article marketing I tried just writing articles but now I write articles when I feel my blog entry is “worthy” of being put into directories. I find that’s easier for me than sitting down to write an article and turn it into a blog entry. Must be a reverse psychology thing.

I also post comments on other people’s blogs only when I have a worthy comment to add instead of just “good entry”. This helps others see I have added value as opposed to just commenting for a quick linkback.

- Jeffery <– See, I typed that part all by my little lonesome.
jbwood

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby southernbg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Jeffery -

I have to say I absolutely love your post! I am now coming to realize that I have to do what works for me - not someone else! Your suggestions have always been ones that work for me! Guess I need to go back to the very beginning ... what I did BEFORE listening to all the "guru's" out there.

Thanks so much for the reminder!

Best Regards

Nat
southernbg
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:04 pm

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:02 pm

And also, I have to say, that quite often I will spend a good bit of time crafting an answer to someone in a forum - and sometimes even in a blog comment - and I realize that 'I wish I was posting this on my blog instead'. So perhaps, from now on, I just will! ;)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 am

But, adding valuable content to forums & blog posts is what helps others elsewhere recognize your expertise and to actually click your sig link and check you out. ;) So don't stop posting value, but maybe shorten the posts, and say [continued on my blog], OR just give them an abbreviated version elsewhere outside of your own site.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Repurposing, ultimate recycle!

Postby createyourdream » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:00 am

Excellent thread, I really love crafting the things I do everywhere, with words especially, and in many different areas. Seeds of what I want to express in the content on my blogs and websites can begin anywhere!

This discussion really helps me to see that nothing we do is wasted and we all find our own way of doing things that work best and get results in our own situations, not always what we're supposed to do according to another standard.

It's one of the most challenging and best journeys in life, I think, finding your own way and being confident in it.

thanks.

best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:23 am

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:56 am

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby gsmart » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:43 am