[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Best way for my articles to be seen? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Best way for my articles to be seen?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Best way for my articles to be seen?

Postby lance123 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:44 pm

lance123

Postby terrapin719 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Lance,
I think I understand what you're trying to ask. I'm not totally sure BUT I would say you should not have the same articles on your site and your blog. If you use SEO and good keyword phrases, the search engines will find the articles on the pages on your website.

Maybe each day or week you could make a blog post that talks a bit about each article, kind of like an intro and then you can link from your blog post to the article on your website.

Does that make sense?
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:35 am

The search engines can find them just fine where they are, no need to move them. What I would do is perhaps do like what Angie suggested, is on your new blog, pick an article on the original site, and write about that article topic on the new blog - expound upon the topic more, or in a different direction perhaps, and link to the original article in the new blog post. Don't create duplicate content, but enhance your original content with new information on the blog, linking to the original.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:01 am

Following up what Traci and angie said, - put new articles/ posts on your bog with links to the original articles.

Also link to the articles with some new article submissions to ezine articles, create a couple of Squidoo lenses with your content and link to the articles - and do some social bookmarking of all those articles.

Search engines can find your articles but give them some encouragement with some extra links eh?

:-)
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby lance123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

[quote="angienewton"]Lance,
I think I understand what you're trying to ask. I'm not totally sure BUT I would say you should not have the same articles on your site and your blog. If you use SEO and good keyword phrases, the search engines will find the articles on the pages on your website.

Maybe each day or week you could make a blog post that talks a bit about each article, kind of like an intro and then you can link from your blog post to the article on your website.

Does that make sense?
[quote="lance"]

Thank you, Angie

yes, that makes sense, having two different domains, one for my main site and one for my blog. And then post snippets as intro linking to my main site.
The problem with my main site which is an article directory is that I have not found a way to put my keywords in the URL and in the title tag. I am sure that will not be the case in my blog. So that´s why I want to move to my own blog instead.

Lance
lance123

Postby lance123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:22 pm

[quote="tknoppe"]The search engines can find them just fine where they are, no need to move them. What I would do is perhaps do like what Angie suggested, is on your new blog, pick an article on the original site, and write about that article topic on the new blog - expound upon the topic more, or in a different direction perhaps, and link to the original article in the new blog post. Don't create duplicate content, but enhance your original content with new information on the blog, linking to the original.
[/quote=lance]

Thanks for your concern, Traci. I now think I know how to do it. See my answer to Angie.
Lance
lance123

Postby lance123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm

[quote="AlexNewell"]Following up what Traci and angie said, - put new articles/ posts on your bog with links to the original articles.

Also link to the articles with some new article submissions to ezine articles, create a couple of Squidoo lenses with your content and link to the articles - and do some social bookmarking of all those articles.

Search engines can find your articles but give them some encouragement with some extra links eh?

:-)
[/quote=lance]
Thank you, Alex. Yes, that makes sense as well and I am going to join twitter to start with.

Lance
lance123

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging