[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Upgrading To Wordpress 2.7 on Hostgator • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Upgrading To Wordpress 2.7 on Hostgator

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Postby DJSFran32 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks you guys. Traci I'm confused. I clicked on the link above and found myself at w-shadow.com/blog. is that were I find what you were talking about. Sorry firgot to warn you. this is my dumb day. :)
DJSFran32

Postby AlexNewell » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:53 pm

AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:08 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Whoa! It gave you an internal error? That's odd. Mmmm.

Remember: my whole business is geared toward newbies. ;) So this plugin is perfect for them; or anyone who wants to save time & steps when uploading plugins & themes.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby DJSFran32 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Hope you got my last message. It worked like a charm. I was getting very frustrated so I walked away, had supper, came back and bam did it. I'm set. easy as one two three. :) Thank you again.

Fran
DJSFran32

Postby tknoppe » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:05 pm

You're welcome Fran.

Robert: I use this plugin still myself, because it saves me time. I'm using 2.7+ on all my WP blogs. Still works. :)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Just reporting what is on the plugin Developers page. Probably should have added that while I went through the usual, got a copy(of one-click installer), Filezilla'd it to my site, it shows in Filezilla, but when I go into my WP back end it doesn't show.

WP= 2.7.1
Theme= GEAR 1.2.6 (if memory serves)
Webhost= HostGator
URL= http://robertnelsononline.com.

Even deleted a lot of unused plug-ins , no help other than less clutter on the site. Same problem when I tried to add the spam-free plug-in. Yet I was able to add the latest Gear theme manually. Haven't tried disabling AU to see what that does.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:37 am

I wonder if this Internal Server Error problem is a question of plugin punch ups as I technically call it. :-)

because it is happening in some installations mine, Robert's and other too at wordprees forum and not in others?

My way forward hewre is that I may use it to save me a few seconds seconds for my ftp and unzip software to load when I want to try out another theme but I won't use it for plugin upgrades

I expect the theme uploader will be part of the standard install soon anyhow.

Any more secrets Traci?

:-)
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:06 am

Ok - *some* themes, are double/triple foldered. In that they are not zipped/packed to be used with this plugin. I've run into that a few times with themes and plugins - but it's rare. It isn't the plugin, it's how the developer packed it. In those cases, you have to unzip them and manually do them, because there is usually an extra folder within a folder within a folder in these cases and the link structure doesn't hold up.

Also two other notes:

If you are using the Ozh admin drop down plugin - the old version of the is incompatible. Deactivate that, then try again. The new version of Ozh, however is compatible.

Also Bstats is another one that often doesn't play well with other plugins.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:16 am

I haven't come across the double foldered theme nonsense for a while now. It seems to have been a fashion once.

I did not have either Ozh or Bstats. Thanks for the info that there is a new version of Ozh admin menu, I'll have a look!

Tx

Alex

Edited: Traci - the new Ozh menu is gorgeous. I used it in older wp versions and loved it. Thanks heaps! :-)
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:21 am

Well if it wasn't any of things, then I'm stymied as to what it could be.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:39 am

I wonder if it's a web host setting?

Robert is hosting at hostgator, I am with hostmonster, how about you Traci?
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:46 am

HostGator here, so that couldn't be it. I'd more likely suspect a conflict with either another plugin; or possibly the theme, but another plugin would be my first guess. Or all the folders/files didn't get fully installed for some reason. Sometimes that happens - for no known or explanable reason, even with FTP, I've had that happen.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Update: After deactivating all my plug-in's and using the WP upgrade for Word Press possibility I now have spam-free installed incorrectly and it actually shows twice in the plug-in's. Now all I 've to do is get installed correctly. Still no joy on one-click installer.

Didn't have the latest version of the Gear Theme, I do now and used the WP upgrade to do the upgrade. Had to do drag and drop in Filezilla to get spam-free to show up. It is not one of the easier plug-ins to install, but am hopeful that if and when I get it working it will do a better job on Comment Spam than akismet does. Not really sure in my case how needed is the one-click installer is now that WP has incorporated something similar into it's back end.
nar321
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging