[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Problem with how WP blog is displayed on IE vs Firefox • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Problem with how WP blog is displayed on IE vs Firefox

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Problem with how WP blog is displayed on IE vs Firefox

Postby Alan Petersen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:15 am

Hello,

I am stumped as to why my wordpress blog looks fine in FireFox but not in IE. I use FireFox but 80-90% of folks browse with IE so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I need to tweak so my sites looks the same on both browsers.

The problem is with the sidebar widgets I'm using. On FireFox they show up where they are supposed to be (see screenshots below) but on IE they're gone, pushed to the bottom of the page and not even in the right hand side column where they should be. Any suggestions?

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:51 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:57 am

Thanks Lynn, it was one text boxes with my aweber code that I use with widgets that was causing the problem. It works fine in IE7 so look like the gates crew figured that out, they must have had firefox notes when they did IE7. I still can't get it right in other versions of IE. :evil:
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:55 am

Hi Webzu,
I can see your problem from the screenshot above. IE6 has a problem understanding what to do with content that is actually wider than the column it's in. As a result, IE will widen the column itself - big No-No. Firefox and IE7 treat it correctly (snipping the overflow).

To correct the problem for IE, do one of two things:
1. Change the width of your subscription box to something smaller than the sidebar column.

2. Add the following somewhere to your style.css file for your sidebar column - overflow:hidden;

That should get you all fixed up.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Teli,

You're the best! overflow:hidden; did the trick! It was driving me to drink (more). :lol:

Thank you.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:01 pm

You're welcome. Glad to help (curb your drinking binge). :D

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging