[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help on use of Blogger blog • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help on use of Blogger blog

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Help on use of Blogger blog

Postby Ann » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:34 am

Hi,

Just started my first blog using blogger blog and run into some problems. A new post and a change of template choice were not reflected in the blog at all. It has been 2 days already but still not updated. Anyone having the same problem and what can be done?

Wanted to know how I could select the various positions in the blog to display adsense too. Anyone know of any free good guide book/site on the use of blogger blog for beginners like me. (I'm using the new beta blogger blog)

Thanks

Ann
Ann

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Ann, did you republish your blog so that the changes would take effect?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ann » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi Lynn,

Yes I did.

Just checked my blog again. Finally, it's updated (after 3 long days...)

Thanks for your help anyway.

Ann
Ann

Check blogger help

Postby pmaior » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Check the blogger help section for instructions on putting adsense into your blog.

It's pretty clear and straight forward. They also encourage it , since google owns blogger.

good luck. hope this helps
pmaior

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:24 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ann » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:43 am

It seems that all my new posts were not publish right away as I would expect it to. Anyone having the same problem?

Pablo, thanks for you info. I did read the part of adding adsense but the locations available seems pretty restricted (I mean those with "Add a Page element"). I wanted to place adsense ads in the header, side bar as well as before each post. I have read somewhere that you can do so but you would need to go into editing the html in the template. problem is I am not familiar with html to know where to insert the code. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Another question : Anyone knows how to upload template into beta blogger? I am currently using the Minimia template with 2 columns. Found one that was created with 3 columns (one more added to the left for adsense placement) but I have no idea how to upload the template into blogger.

Ann
Ann

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:53 pm

If the template is available from Blogger.com, through your dashboard options, its easy to just switch your selection. Otherwise you will have to edit the HTML in the template section - which is also where you can include Adsense or other code snippets.

Once you dig into it, and look at the page side by side for comparison, the code starts to make a little sense. You can make one change at a time, save and republish, then see how it looks in your browser. Just make note as you go so you can delete/edit what you did if necessary.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

updating blog

Postby calimero » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:30 am

calimero

Postby WAHumor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:23 am

I have a question:

How the dickens do you get into your Blogger blog once you've switched over to the new version??

Following Blooger's instructions just leads me in circles!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:07 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Did you sign in?

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Dan, just noticed your post and hope you have already managed to get into the new Blogger by now. If not, your sign in name is the email address you used and your password.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Cratima » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:25 am

Cratima

Postby SuperSimpleGuy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi everyone!

Indeed Blogger is having some problems, it was perfect after the newest
version was available, didn't last long lol.

Anyway, it seems that these strange bugs are happening randomly,
so be patient and try to log in from time to time to check.
But most importantly, save ALL your text content, and make a back up
of your blogger source code by copying it and saving it, so that you can be
sure you can get your site back if there is a major problem, such as
deleting some code while attempting to ad Adsense code for example.
(it's annoying, and I understand people who moved to Wordpress are thinking:
"But hell! Why don't they just use Wrdpress instead of Blogger?)

Well I don't know which free hosting service I can trust, since blogger is
ads free and encourages Adsense use. Not like Wodpress hosting, it
clearly prohibits puting ads... or at least do not tolerate them for now.
And fortunately they separate their hosting from the "Wordpress script"
which is still usable in another hosting. Which hosting to use?
Last edited by SuperSimpleGuy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSimpleGuy

Postby SuperSimpleGuy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:26 pm

SuperSimpleGuy

Postby SuperSimpleGuy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Last edited by SuperSimpleGuy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSimpleGuy

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging