[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Get Paid to Post on your own blog • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Get Paid to Post on your own blog

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:06 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:00 am

:?: After signing up and placing referral links all over the place, I began exploring the site PPP for more information while I wait for approval.

I might have a long wait.

Even if I get approval - which is doubtful due to the "post daily for 90 days" requirement, it seems that most advertisers will not accept you if you are hosted on blogspot.com or wordpress.com, among a slew of others. Also they want Page Ranks of 5-6, and Alexa Score of 4 or 5 digits. I understand that advertisers want exposure for their ads and want to get the most they can out of each dollar they spend, but my blogs are on blogspot and I could die of old age waiting for that kind of Page Rank and Alexa Score, no matter where my blogs are hosted. :shock:

So it would seem that putting any more effort into blogspot is a monumental waste of time and I should put a Wordpress blog on a server other than wordpress.com? Does that mean starting over with the 90 days? What if they finally get around to looking for the blog I submitted and it isn't there anymore? I can't submit anything else until that one has 10 posts which it won't ever get this way! :?

Have I backed myself into corner?

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:22 am

Hi Sandi,

Do you have your own domain name pointing to your hosted blogs? If so, thats great - and you can just repoint it to your new wordpress blog once you get it set up.

Having your blog "established" for 90 days with regular posts is going to be a requirement with most of these companies - but the rest will grow with time (not as long as you think).

Also check out ReviewMe.com and SponsoredReviews.com

Definitely check this out too: http://www.clicknewz.com/782/blogger-vs-wordpress/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:13 pm

The handwriting is on the wall. :?

I (with help) got WordPress installed where I host one of my sites.

I figured out that the blog name & url should be somewhat less than a mile long. :P

At least one thing went my way today. The names of the 2 blogs that I am interested in pursuing this with were both available with the dot info extension, and GoDaddy is having a sale on dot infos for $2.99, so I grabbed them and will redirect them as soon as I figure out the new url the blogs will have. Then I can change the links from my established sites to the dot infos instead of the blogspots.

The above sentence could be the poster child for "a little knowledge can be very dangerous" because I figured out about the redirect stuff but have a bit less than NO clue how to get WordPress up and running.

I don't even know where to start. :cry:

The web host uses SiteMadeEasy. If anyone knows of a tutorial written at the child level :shock: that I can read and get WordPress up and running, I would be more than grateful.

Because there are no real links into the blogs other than from my own sites, my plan for now is to move the posts over from blogspot once I get WordPress set up.

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:02 am

You said that you got WordPress installed - but then said you needed help getting it set up and running. Can you let us know what you need help with specifically - installing it, using it, or what exactly?

Also, you can "import" your blogger content into your WordPress blog ;) I havent done it myself, but you might start a new post if the tutorials arent helpful to you (you should find help at blogger, and can also find info through a Google search).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:20 am

Home_Based_Mom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:01 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Transferring From Blogger

Postby TorontoCarol » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Hi Sandi,

I had a blog on blogger for over a year, so there were a lot of posts. When I had wordpress installed on my own domain (it was a one click thing with my hosting service, so don't ask me any installation questions) I used the option to transfer my blog from Blogger and it did it without a catch and looked fine.

A word of caution, the blogger blog content vanished, so make sure you do some kind of a backup first, just in case something happens during the transfer and wordpress loses your posts.

Like I said, I had no trouble, but I'm a worst case scenario person.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:45 am

Thanks! I did find some instructions, but the older I get the longer things take to absorb and implement, so it might take me a few days to wrap my brain around it. :oops:

Thanks also for the reminder to back-up the blogger posts. Murphy's Law reigns around me like a black cloud so I will definitely remember to do that before I attempt a transfer!

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Mommyland » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:22 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

Re: Get Paid to Post on your own blog

Postby iceforever.diamonds » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:45 am

iceforever.diamonds

Re: Get Paid to Post on your own blog

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:05 am

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby pilpil » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:19 pm

A highly recommended pay per post site for newbies ( and veterans) is PayU2Blog.com
Each assignment is 120 words and you get paid $5.
Approval of your membership(free) takes a few weeks.
But once approved, your postings are instantly approved if it meets the 120 words and the keywords are correctly linked.
You are paid every 2 weeks via paypal.
The site is www.PayU2Blog.com

Cheers,
Philip ang
pilpil

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging