[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Trying to add blog • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Trying to add blog

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:28 pm

You mentioned that WordPress was offered through your host?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby neverlandmall » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Well, I did look into wordpress, but I did not see a way to actually add it to my website. I want the website to actually be an extension of my site: http://www.neverlandmall.com/blog.htm instead of www.neverlandmall/wordpress.com or however they have it. You would actually have to leave my site to get there and since I have customers shopping, I don't want them leaving my site for anything *smiles*

That is where my struggle is. I am SUCH a basket case when it comes to the entire blog thing but I think it would be nice to have as an addition. It was going well until I tried to update it on Blogger and had no luck.

I'm hoping they get their site "repaired" soon and I can just stay where I am. I have not found another Blog site that offers the URL to stay at my site.

My hosting people are great and handle my ecommerce site as well as customizing special html codes (the one's that I don't know) etc. I use http://www.bannerview.com

They are not, however, knowledgable of the blog world yet and are unable to assist me in that area.

Thanks for all of your feedback. This site is a WONDERFUL forum for everybody working on the web. I'm really impressed by the growth! Thanks Again to everybody who has been responding with suggestions! *smiles*
neverlandmall

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:02 pm

You can actually download wordpress and install it in any directory on your own site that you like... and it is free.

http://wordpress.org/download/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby neverlandmall » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:28 pm

I'm gonna try wordpress today. Thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot.
neverlandmall

Previous

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging