[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Should your blog be hosted on your site? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Should your blog be hosted on your site?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:49 pm

theuniek1

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:10 pm

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:54 pm

Well, if you understand HTML, CSS, and a bit of PHP it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I would recommend starting at the .

I know it can seem daunting at first, but it has a lot of helpful information.

But before you even begin working on the new design, it's important to plan it out first. Draw it on a piece of paper and decide where you want everything to be (i.e. what's going in the headers, where will the posts be, what will the pages look like, how will the sidebar look, etc.)

Hope that helps you get started - if there's anything I can help with, let me know.

Regards,
~Teli
theuniek1

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:19 pm

Ok, I know a bit of html just from what I've gleaned posting on forums, etc.

Any specific good html tutorials and free editors that you would recommend?

Thanks so much!
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:42 pm

HTML/CSS/PHP Tutorials:
- one of the best places to learn web stuff in my opinion (and it's free)

Free Editors:
- text editor with syntax highlighting for many languages (including HTML, CSS, and PHP)

- WYSIWYG editor (great alternative to Dreamweaver and it's free)
theuniek1

Postby reztar » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:50 am

Yep. WP is rock! the communities have been giving me a chance to download a lot of free templates and add-ons
reztar

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:59 pm

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:00 pm

theuniek1

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:08 pm

Thanks Teli,

I'm a bit confused...

I already chose a WP template. (I saw the Teli Designs template, am very impressed with it, however it didn't fit with the image I needed)

You can see the beginning of my site here: www.raisingsmallsouls.com. I want to replace the header that is there, with a professionally designed header with rollovers.

Thanks so much!
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:29 pm

theuniek1

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:37 pm

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:57 pm

All in one place? Other than a themes directory? Not really - however, you can try reading through the (there is a section called 'Your WordPress') and maybe perusing the site (some blogs may not be family friendly...and there is no requirement other than having the plugin installed for a site to be listed).
theuniek1

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:08 am

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging