This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Huh??? WP 2.2 is a mandatory upgrade for 2.1.3 users.

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Huh??? WP 2.2 is a mandatory upgrade for 2.1.3 users.

Postby CorpRebel » Wed May 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi Folks!

Anyone else heard about this "mandatory" upgrade as they will no longer support the 2.1 format? :shock:

Hopefully I'm missing something in the translation.

http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... 213-users/

I'm sure Teli will straighten us all out, though! :mrgreen:

I'm still trying to get my act together with my recent install of the 2.1.3 version with IT'S bug fixes. :?

Sheesh ...

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel Image
CorpRebel

Postby theuniek1 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi Rick,
You're not missing anything in the translation. The only *old* branch that will be updated is the 2.0.x branch (which is now up to 2.0.11 I believe) and it has the security fixes rolled into the newest version of WP.

If you're using WP 2.1.x, then it's strongly recommended that you upgrade to 2.2 as soon as possible. (Rolling back to 2.0.x may be more of a pain than it's worth.)

I've already installed 2.2 on a couple blogs and it's not too different from 2.1, however, there are still a few kinks which I'm sure will be corrected in either 2.2.1 or 2.3 (by the way, 2.3 looks like it's going to be an awesome release...I'm actually looking forward to that one).

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging