[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Brainstorming Blog Contest for ClickNewz • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Brainstorming Blog Contest for ClickNewz

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Brainstorming Blog Contest for ClickNewz

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 04, 2007 11:29 am

I have decided to offer a contest at my blog - - on a regular basis. My thoughts are to have a new contest each month, offering a valuable prize to readers who participate. I would love your help in brainstorming the details!

First and foremost, I want it to be beneficial for everyone involved - even participants who dont win the prize. Also, I dont want to include anything that can be mistaken as "ranking manipulation" - such as required Link Text or something similar. I want it to be clean, fun and easy.

I am thinking... ClickNewz Content Contest

The idea would be to have entrants blog about their choice of topics, using their choice of link text, and including at least one related link back to ClickNewz within the blog post. The post will need to be at least 300 words in length to qualify. In addition to being entered to win that month's prize, the entrant will have fresh unique content on their domain. Obviously they can monetize that in any way that they wish (Adsense, etc).

They will then leave a link to their blog post in the Contest Post on my blog - giving them a text link and also exposure for participating.

Each comment left on ClickNewz results in an email notification to me. I will print each entry out, and choose from them randomly at the end of the contest. The drawing will be done on video, and results video will be displayed on my blog with announcement of the winner.

Prizes will be different each month. I might consider letting someone sponsor the contest if it does well, donating a prize to be given away in exchange for the exposure. But to start, I am thinking of giving away $50 cash, for one year, a 6-month , an exclusive product bundle, etc.

Obviously I will keep the prizes related to the topic of my blog.

I'd love to hear your thoughts - or any ideas that I can add to this. Is this something you would participate in? Would $50 cash encourage you to blog about something you found on ClickNewz (in your own words)? Any thoughts on the terms or requirements I should consider?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Mon May 07, 2007 7:50 am

Sounds like a great idea Lynn :)

Will you have any limitations about age of blog or blog pagerank or overall topics of blog?
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 07, 2007 9:46 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Mon May 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi Lynn,

I think it's a great idea.

It might actually be easier for participants, though, if you provide a topic for them to write about. Sometimes (for me anyway) the hardest thing about writing is coming up with the subject matter.

You could make the topic broad enough so that everyone's posts would be different, yet still trigger some ideas for people who need help getting their creative juices flowing. For example:

* What's your favorite way to come up with topics for your posts? :wink:
* What's your favorite blog and why?
* If your blog were an animal, what kind of animal would it be? (Just kidding on that one! I have silly job interview questions on my brain.)

This could be a lot of fun, Lynn. I can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Thanks!
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 08, 2007 12:00 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Fri May 11, 2007 1:41 pm

Well, that would certainly be unique! :D

Hmmm... I'm thinking my blog would be a duck... specifically, the AFLAC! duck. It's kinda cute (or annoying?), tries to help people, shakes its virtual head at the strange things some people do, occasionally gets itself into wacky situations, but keeps on quacking. :?

How 'bout you, Lynn... what kind of animal would ClickNewz be? :wink:
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging