[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ok, I've Got A Blog ... Now What? :-) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ok, I've Got A Blog ... Now What? :-)

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Postby Dave Navarro » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:06 am

I've set up a blog (www.wealthbeforedawn.com/blog) and started writing articles on it ...

What's my next move?

(Sorry it's such a lazy question ... I'm focusing on studying increasing conversion rates for the next 7 days, so I'm just hoping for some initial guidance here).

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Dave Navarro

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Your blog doesn't load for me, it just delivers a white page which may indicate an error somewhere.

Other than that - what's your next move? Add more content. (I know, not a very detailed answer - but it's really what you're supposed to do next.)

I can't really offer too much guidance without knowing what you've already done or what you hope to accomplish with the blog.

~Teli
theuniek1

Postby deniseoberry » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:51 pm

Dave --

You need to get in a rhythm of posting to your blog. What works really well for me is to draw on other things I've written. Read my post "Business Blogging: What Do I Say? at http://www.allbusiness.com/blog/JustFor ... 00575.html for some ideas.

Best regards,

Denise O'Berry
deniseoberry

3 Things you should do Dave...

Postby jbsmith » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi Dave, to generate more traffic you can...

1. Submit your blog to many of the blog directories. Many will allow you to list and will automatically update your content as you post new entries, while others will require that you enter their update page (otherwise known as "pinging" them) into your blogging software so that each entry you make pings them to list your content.

2. Find blogs that target your market and request a cross link. BLog owners will typically do this if they sense your content and style is good.

3. Blogging is still just one marketing tool, you should still be driving traffic and building a list which you can then let know about new blog updates - building through joint ventures, pay-per-click, article writing and submission, etc...

Beyond all of that, you can explore recording short audio "podcasts" and submitting to major podcast directories in the future - this also generates a fair bit of traffic as I have been discovering lately.

Cheers...

Jeff
jbsmith

Postby deniseoberry » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:57 am

Dave --

That's really good advice from Jeff. And don't forget to submit your blog to my Small Business Blog Directory at http://www.blogsforsmallbusiness.com It would be a perfect fit.

Best regards,

Denise O'Berry
deniseoberry

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging