[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Niche Blog Question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Niche Blog Question

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Niche Blog Question

Postby jelmyoung » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:34 pm

OK, so I've created this blog which I feel is targeted at a niche market. But since I don't have a website associated with it, my question is how to drive traffic to it. I have been visiting other blogs of like content and leaving relevant comments... submitting to directories... using my best posts as articles to submit to article directories... I have a tell a friend form and a an emial update form. What else can I do? I eventually plan to build a site that will be directly related to the blog and also I have an ebook in mind as well but in the meantime what can I do to generate traffic?

The blog is http://chefmichele.blogspot.com

Also, is there any way to find out who many people subscribe to my site feed?

Thanks!

Michele
jelmyoung

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:50 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:14 pm

In addition to what Lynn recommends, you may also want to ping the update servers each time you post content to your blog.

Some places to consider pinging when you update are:
, ,

Also, don't underestimate the power of email signatures either - I've had more than a couple people email me after they found my personal blog by following my email signature link.
theuniek1

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:20 pm

Hi Michele,
Just as you are doing in this forum, use feedburner's dynamic header animator and get involved in the forums of your market.

Be sure to submit to as many directories as you can possibly find. That alone can help you get your blog indexed fast. For the list of blog directories, you can go to
MarketingSyndrome

Postby jelmyoung » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:28 pm

Thanks so much for the advice, this is all very helpful!
jelmyoung

Postby Lynette » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:31 pm

I so agree with Teli, pinging is so important if you keep forgetting to ping, you could save yourself the trouble and a lot of time by using a free tool like wBloggar - it will ping the ping services automatically each time you post. You can find it at wbloggar.com
Lynette

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging