[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My first blog, automotive niche. Input wanted • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My first blog, automotive niche. Input wanted

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

My first blog, automotive niche. Input wanted

Postby quantikev » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:25 am

Hi everyone.

I've just created my first blog focusing upon one of my hobbies, a small automotive niche.

I would like to use this blog to aid in my kinesthetic learning process; this is by far the best way I learn.

As I become more knowledgable, I intend on using blogs as a source of revenue.

Anything you can contribute would be very beneificial to this process.

Thanks for reading!
Kevin

thunderbirdinfo.blogspot.com
quantikev

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:04 pm

Hi Kevin,

I posted this in response to a similar question, and thought you might find it useful as well:

Be sure you submit your blog to every single directory you can find - this will include RSS directories, Blog directories, general directories AND niche-specific directories.

Here's a good list of blog/rss directories to start with:
http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/

Here's a good list of general directories that dont require a reciprocal link:
http://info.vilesilencer.com/main.php?r ... iendly.php

Also, you want to "optimize" each of your pages (on a blog that means "each of your posts") for specific keyword terms. Try to figure out ways to use keyword phrases in your post titles and in the post themselves (without sounding "canned").

The only other step is getting as many inbound links as you can. These things will help you get targeted search engine traffic... which is the best kind you can get (free :) ). You might also want to use pay-per-click if you have a way to turn the traffic into profit.

(See "Niche Blog Question" post for the rest of the thread)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby quantikev » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Thanks for your help as always, Lynn.

I am currently tracking with statcounter and thus far I've only recieved traffic from Bloggers Nav system. I am active at forums in my niche and I'll promote at the sites you mentioned.

The only challenge I'm currently facing is the time am taking to create these posts. It takes me quite a while to create the content, mainly just thinking about how to word it.

Did you or anyone else notice anything like this when you first started creating content? And if that is the case, I assume I will improve with practice?

Thanks again!
Kevin
quantikev

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:13 pm

You will definitely improve over time, dont worry too much about it ;) I look back at some of the newsletter issues I wrote 4 and 5 years ago and have to laugh!

Just stay with it - consistency is the key!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ebooktastic » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:26 am

ebooktastic

Postby quantikev » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:38 am

Thanks for your input ebooktastic..

I also considered the exceptionally long posts and thought about breaking them up, lol.

I guess I am mainly trying to get started with the basic info I believe visitors will desire before going into specific narrow subjects.
quantikev

Postby quantikev » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:12 pm

Its now been about a week since I've started.

I've recieved about 140 views, and with statcounter I am able to see my blog has been indexed by MSN! Viewers seem to be using several main keywords, and my page is among the first 20 results for them.

Over a year has passed since I first learned of this remarkable field, and the overall picture is now becoming clear to me.

Thanks everyone for your help thus far..
Kevin
quantikev

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:49 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging