[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Running two blogs off one SQL database • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Running two blogs off one SQL database

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Running two blogs off one SQL database

Postby snowman2004 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:41 pm

Is there a danger in running two different (php) blogs off the one SQL database?

I guess this might seem like a strange question, but I think I heard this may be a problem.......

I have one Wordpress blog, on one domain name, and a second planned for a different domain. The way my hosting package is set up I have to use the same SQL databese.

Have people found that there any problems in running two or therr on the same SQL database? (If I decide to add a forum, that will make three.....)

Thanks,

Ray
snowman2004

Postby Lynette » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Lynette

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:25 pm

Hi Ray,

You should probably ask your host. I host with and have unlimited databases - so not sure if that is set up the same as your own account. I have over a dozen domains under the one account with forums, directories, blogs - you name it!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:24 pm

Hello Ray,
Lynette is steering you in the right direction - you can run as many installs of WordPress in a single database as you like - I'm currently running 5 on my client WP preview site.

However, it is very important that you manually install WordPress and change the prefix in the wp-config.php file to something other than 'wp_'.

That's an important point which is why I repeated it :)
theuniek1

Postby snowman2004 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:21 am

Thanks.

I'm not sure where I got the idea that it may be a bad thing to do...... :cry:

Ray
snowman2004

Postby theuniek1 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:37 am

Also forgot to mention - if you're planning to install a number of blogs on the same domain, you may want to check out a plugin called which allows you to expand on the number of WordPress blogs from one admin panel.

I currently use it on 6 blogs including my without any problems.

That said, it comes with a warning, so make sure to read the author's disclaimer.
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging