[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What to write about, need ideas • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What to write about, need ideas

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What to write about, need ideas

Postby jelmyoung » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:53 am

jelmyoung

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:38 am

Hi Michele,

Is the blog the only site that you have, or the only email list you are considering? I ask because I use Aweber, which is a mailing list manager. For my blog I recently started using their Feed Broadcaster which turns my blog into an HTML formatted email newsletter. It works very nicely as an email notification feature for your blog - and you can also promote it as a newsletter! I have a review and example on my blog here: http://clicknewz.blogspot.com/2005/12/f ... aster.html

If you dont choose to go that route, and want to send separate content via email, your first question will be: how will I do this? You have to choose a script or a service to manage your mailing list...

Here are some ideas for your content:

- cooking tips
- recipes
- reviews of great cooking related sites
- reviews of cookbooks or cooking related books/products
- more cooking tips & articles

You'll find that managing an email list is as much fun as blogging! You can just sit down and write to them like you would on your blog -- and you have great content there! You wont have any problem coming up with great things to send out once you get on a roll ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby jelmyoung » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:47 am

Lynn,

I am in the process of creating a website. for now I am going to use to send out the newsletter. I am just going to send it out plain text at this point. It's an autosponder and right now I am trying to figure out how to get each person that signs up to start with the most recent newsletter as opposed to having the system start them from the begining. I am making an outline of what I want to do, thank so much for your suggestions!

Michele
jelmyoung

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:07 pm

I have a niche website that does really well during certain seasons or around certain holidays - and I imagine that you slant your blog/newsletter in that way too. Meaning you might do holiday recipes or great "special dinner" ideas for certain holidays, etc.

I am going with an autoresponder option for this particular site of mine as well. However, I didnt want them to just start from the beginning of the sequence, because I wanted to do seasonal mailings - so I wanted them to get the right emails at the right time of year, of course! What I am doing is setting up the entire year's worth of messages all at once, and then putting them in with the dates for publication pre-set. So they will get a confirmation & welcome, and then automatically get the next email in the set (according to date). Hopefully Email Aces works similar to Aweber in this regard, because that would be a good solution for you too!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby jelmyoung » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:03 pm

Hummm... I'm not sure if I can do that with Email Aces, I am going to try to figure that out today. I just started using it yesterday so still have lots to learn. :D
jelmyoung

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:05 pm

Well, if you change your mind, Aweber is awesome. Plus they have the Feed Broadcaster now too. This is my link to Aweber if you want to test it out (free trial): http://sswt.aweber.com . But if you are already signed up with Email Aces, check them out - and maybe email Gary to see if you can set it up that way.

For my niche site, I am using by Lisa Preston. This thing is magic! I am using it to set up all of the lists for each of my niche sites... and have gotten some great tips & ideas to use in the SSWT newsletter as well (which is one I write by hand - labor of love, you know ;) lol).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby jelmyoung » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:12 pm

jelmyoung

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:01 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby jelmyoung » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:20 pm

jelmyoung

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:27 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Profits-Business » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:20 pm

To subscribe to my newsletter and receive more marketing tips and secrets that will make your online sales soar.
Click here: http://www.profits-business.com/newlettersub.html

10 Mind Altering Words That Make People Buy

1. Use the word "fast" in your ad. People want fast
results, fast delivery, fast ordering, etc. Nowadays,
we usually value our time more than our money.

2. Use the word "guaranteed" in your ad. People
want to be assured they are not risking their hard
earned money buying your product.

3. Use the word "limited" in your ad. People want
to own or receive things that are exclusive or rare
because they are considered to be more valuable.

4. Use the word "easy/simple" in your ad. People
want easy ordering, easy instructions, easy to use,
easy payments, etc.

5. Use the word "testimonial" in your ad. People
want to see believable proof before they buy your
product. It should be reputable and specific proof.

6. Use the word "discount/sale " in your ad. People
want to find bargains. They could be rebates, one
time sales, percentage offers, get one free offers, etc.

7. Use the word "free" in your ad. People want free
incentives before they do business with you. They
could be free books, accessories, services, etc.

8. Use the word "you/your" in your ad. People want
to know that you are talking them. This'll make them
feel important and attract them to read the whole ad.

9. Use the word "important" in your ad. People do
not want to miss important information that could
effect their life. People will stop and take notice.

10. Use the word "new" in your ad. People want
new products or services that will improve their life
like new information, tastes, technology, results, etc.

Warm regards,
Mike Collins

P.S. Try this - It really works!

To subscribe to my newsletter and receive more marketing tips and secrets that will make your online sales soar.

Click here: http://www.profits-business.com/newlettersub.html
Last edited by Profits-Business on Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profits-Business

Postby Kirk » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Kirk

Postby Profits-Business » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:17 pm

Profits-Business

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:59 pm

Hi Mike,

I would appreciate it if you wouldnt place duplicate posts all over the forum :|

... especially where it doesnt even make sense as a respose to the thread you are replying to. Thanks ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi Michele,

Here are some tips on getting topic ideas for your newsletter:

1. Set up some Google Alerts for appropriate keywords/phrases. For example, I have a site related to job interviews. I have a Google Alert for "job interviews" and this gives me automatic email notifications (with links) of news and/or website mentions of that phrase. By reading these articles, I get lots of ideas on topics that will be of interest to my newsletter readers. An added bonus is that the news articles provide ideas that are very current. (You probably already know this, but don't copy the articles.)

2. Expand on topics that get the most comments in response to you blog posts.

3. Do a survey. You can do a free survey through SurveyMonkey.com. Make a post on your blog, asking people to help you out by taking a quick survey, and have a link to the survey. A good way to get participation is to offer an incentive, perhaps a free ebook or something for everyone who fills out the survey (with SurveyMonkey, you can place a link at the end that could direct people to a download page). Design your survey questions to get topic ideas. Example: "What do you find most frustrating about cooking?"

4. Check article directories, like EzineArticles.com, for articles on your niche. I started out using only my own original articles in my newsletter (and the majority of my newsletter is still my own writing), but now I check directories to see what else is available. If I find a really good article that I know my readers will be interested in, I'll include it in my newsletter (resource box intact, of course).

5. Visit forums related to your niche. See what people are chatting about, and write articles that answer questions they raise, or expand on advice/tips they provide.

6. Do product reviews. Perhaps you tried a new kitchen gadget or bought a new cookbook... you can give your opinions about it. Added bonus: if it's something you highly recommend and there's an affiliate program available (i.e., Amazon.com), you might be able to make a few bucks if your readers buy from your affiliate link. :wink:

I hope that helps! :D
Bonnie Lowe

Next

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders