[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Email Marketing.....Do's and Dont's (this may surprise you) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Email Marketing.....Do's and Dont's (this may surprise you)

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Email Marketing.....Do's and Dont's (this may surprise you)

Postby internetninja » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:50 pm

1. Make sure all your email recipients are opt in or double opt in. This means that they have subscribed to your ezine, newsletter, report or e-course.

2. Always provide an unsubscribe link

3. Always sign each email with your name, address, company (if any), telephone # and email address. This will ensure you are never accused of spam or at least you will be found innocent.

4. Keep the email short, with each paragraph 5-10 lines at most. People are in a hurry and they scan most email so make sure your email has the most important point in the first sentence of each paragraph.

5. Create a compelling or interesting subject line. You want your email opened at the least. Good headlines aren't hype of over-stated, simply what the benefit the reader will get for opening and reading your email.

6. Format every email to 60-65 lines. This ensures your email won't look like:

when you send an email

make sure its properly formatted with 60-65 characters

per line

with a 'hard return' so it

looks even and professional.

I use a great program called Ezine Fire that has a file and format that will scan your email for possible words that will trigger filters and insert a space, apostrophe...etc in text or html.

7. I like to use P.S. in many of my email ads. People tend to scan and read the P.S. if nothing else.

8. Try to add your personality to the email text. People want to associate with those that seem real and sincere. Don't come across another salesman trying to sell them something.

Create good quality content and use a resource box that has your name, email address and a blurb about a product your pitching. The best way is to get them to subscribe or email for something free, related to the topic of your ezine.

Now you see me, now you don't,

The Internet Ninja

*promotional links removed by moderator
internetninja

Postby Juliawilliams » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 am

Hello

good article, thanks for sharing useful tips with everybody on the board, keep posting
Juliawilliams

Postby nhynes57 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 am

nhynes57

Postby mellymom3 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Noel

Wow. That was an impressive list size! I commend you. I would like to know how long it took for you to build that. I have a long way to go before I get near that count.

I have a small list of only a couple hundred so far. I just really started this list building about 6 months ago. I have made some sales. I am aiming to make more as I grow and build relationships over time.

If you still have that list, I would try to learn as much as I could to see where I was going wrong if I were you. Imagine the possibilities! If the saying is true that everyone of your subscribers is worth a dollar to you, that should be a $20,000 list.

Don't give up!
mellymom3

Re: Email Marketing.....Do's and Dont's (this may surprise y

Postby Adrian Jock » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Adrian Jock

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders