[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - a way to send ezines without spending 180 a year • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

a way to send ezines without spending 180 a year

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

a way to send ezines without spending 180 a year

Postby Learning » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi everyone,
I know that the best way to do marketing is building your email list.. The things is- 180 dollars a year for aweber is sooo much money!!!!!!
Isn`t there a cheaper way to do things?
Please tell me if there is....
I`ll spend 10 dollars a month for hosting but 180 dollars a year- there has to be a cheaper way to send out our newsletters :D
Learning
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:35 am

karynsolo

Postby Learning » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:30 am

I`m actually in need of building one. The whole thing is that Lynn said that many times they aren`t even receiving our emails if we do it through the host. So I was wondering of a way that we can do it somewehre else.
Learning
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:27 pm

There are services out there that do allow for bulk emailing. It all depends on what your host has set for a threshhold on your email server. One trick that I learned a long time ago is that you have with any service got to throttle your outgoing mail, have it send them out like 1 every 5-6 seconds or so. That will prevent the server from freaking out and thinking you are sending out spam.

Those settings can be done simply within your list manager or email software program.

Hope this helps

I do not prevent my hosting customers from sending from mailing lists, the only thing I ask is that they throttle the emails being sent to prevent sudden surges in either bandwidth or cpu usage. If my clients have opt in lists that they are working with, as long as all recipients are verified opt in no biggie to me.
karynsolo

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders