[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Do You Decide What Messages To Put In Autoresponder? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Do You Decide What Messages To Put In Autoresponder?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How Do You Decide What Messages To Put In Autoresponder?

Postby gronesy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:23 am

Hello,

Yippee! I just got my first sign up to my newletter. Traffic has been picking up steadily over the last few months and I just updated my opt-in box and now I have a free report.

My question for everybody is how do you personally decide what messages to put in your queue?

For instance, do you space out different offers or concentrate on one offer and just spread that one out? I've seen IMers do both.

My gut feeling is that I should set up different offers to give myself the best chance for a sale.

What do you think?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby ohohdon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:37 pm

ohohdon

Postby gronesy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:56 am

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom.

You'll be happy to know that between the time I posted that message originally and now I went back and added quality content to my messages and made sure they weren't getting messages more than twice a week.

I know it's hard for newbies like myself to see selling and informing happening at the same time but I'm getting better at it.

I will take your suggestion to offer more free stuff. That's great advice and just one of those things that doesn't come naturally to me yet.

I'm getting there, though.

I'll also be offering more opportunities for people to go to a landing page if they want to without making it the point of the email.

I've become a bit frustrated with forums lately and your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby tess47 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Jeff,

It does take some time to feel confident about what you are doing, that you are giving your subscribers good information, etc. For some people selling, preselling, and all the rest comes easy. Some of us have to learn it (I did).

Once you get the hang of it things REALLY do get easier. As the old saying goes, practice make perfect. I e-mail to my list about 3 times per week, but I always include free information that is beneficial to my subscribers, as well as an opportunity to buy my product at the end (in a post script, actually). I am NEVER pushy. I think this works well. Just try several ways and find out what works in your particular business!

Good luck, and don't get discouraged!

Tess

tess47

Postby gronesy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks, Tess.

Your message comes at a good time because today is one of those days.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Jeff,

It's really hard to find that fine-line between hard selling and pre-selling your subscribers at first. It takes some time and good info.

I do have a really good book that has helped me in my own writing and learning to communicate my messages well for, not only my newsletter, but all my copy. It's free and you can grab it at http://www.mybiztools.net/mycps.htm

As Tess mentioned, just provide great content, give them quality freebies and get across to your readers that you are an authority on your subject.

Hang in there and have fun! :wink:

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi Tony,

That book is one of the ones I've been meaning to read. Now that I've got it I'll give it a go.

Thanks again,

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:26 pm

You're welcome, Jeff. It's a real fun read, as well as being informative.

Have a groovy afternoon :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Li Weng » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 pm

I'd have to say the important thing is to always promote quality products. You have to be selective. Another thing is to give your customers free tips or some freebies every now and then. It's all about delivering value.
Li Weng

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders