[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Autoresponder • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Autoresponder

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:20 am

Hi there, Can anyone tell me what the best Autoresponder is that will send messages to Hotmail accounts,The people at hotmail delete the message on their server before it goes the users account. This is something new as of December. Hotmail is trying to clean up their act. lol
thxs Neil... :)
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:42 am

I was having that problem with Yahoo accounts (and I have A LOT of Yahoo subscribers :shock: ) - - so I recently made the switch to AWeber. This was recommended to me by Mike Merz (I said, "Mike - Help :!: " - he said "AWeber - its what all the big guys use"... 'nuff said ;) ).

It's 19.95/month - which, yes, I balked at to begin with (considering I had been using a free script). But I have to say, its been worth every penny. You have extensive tracking capabilities, everything completely automated of course, and my emails actually make it to their destination now. I'm able to tell where subscribers come from - specifically (not only which site, but which page on that site!), how many emails were delivered, how many undeliverable - you can even track how many of your emails were *opened* and which links were clicked on... Good stuff ;)

They do have a free trial if you want to test it out:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/aweber.htm
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:28 pm

Hi Lynn thanks for the reply,i am glad that its not just me who gets this problem,also i,m a get believer that you get what you pay for in terms of products,and free Autoresponders do leave you wondering am i really getting any sort of service ?? So say you pay 19.95 for your Autoresponder,you might sell 2 more products a week because of the better service hence getting back some if not all of your money ,depending on the price of the items you seel of course ..but you see my point i hope lol Neil :)
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:32 pm

You bet I see your point! ;)

I saw a dramatic difference in the response of my list - starting with the very first issue I sent through AWeber. I feel like this is for two reasons, the first being that they are getting it for a change (LOL)... the 2nd being that I feel so much more 'in tune' with them all and have made adjustments to my newsletter in light of all of the new information I have access to.

For example, knowing which page consistently converts visitors to subscribers tells me what those people are interested in - - and I found out that one page that converts super-well was on a topic I rarely mention in the newsletter.

Obviously, the more data you have about your subscribers, the better relationships you can build with them.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:41 am

jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:28 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:34 pm

jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:41 pm