[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Become an SSWT Moderator (Benefits/Requirements) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Become an SSWT Moderator (Benefits/Requirements)

Upcoming Events & Special Announcements from the Forum Administrator. It's a good idea to check in here from time to time ;-)

Become an SSWT Moderator (Benefits/Requirements)

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 14, 2008 5:54 pm

If you would like to be a Moderator here at the SSWT Forum, PM me (using the button at the bottom of this post) and tell me:

- Why you would like to be a Moderator
- Which Category (or categories) you are interested in Moderating

You should choose a Category you are interested in and have experience with. As a moderator your advice will carry more 'weight' with members, meaning exposure as an expert in your niche and working with potential clients and/or ideal visitors.

If you are chosen as a Moderator, you should include a link in your profile relevant to the topic you moderate. Your profile link will appear on the main page under the category you choose, as well as at the top of the category page itself.

This in itself is a powerful benefit. The SSWT Forum is heavily spidered, and on a daily basis, and all hyperlinks on this forum pass "link juice". Being a topic-specific moderator gives you a high number of relevant inbound links to the URL in your profile.

All submissions will be reviewed - not all will be accepted.
You may or may not receive a reply to your PM.

How many posts you have here at the forum, and/or the date you joined are not factors in my decision. Being an "expert" or having a related website is also not required. There are several categories here (and more to come) that just need a friendly mod!

My expectations of a Moderator include: participating actively in your category by responding to posts or starting on-topic threads, deleting blatant spam and welcoming new members.

You should plan to visit the SSWT Forum at least once a day, and spend anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes posting replies and/or new threads. You can expect to gain exposure as an authority in your industry, as well as see an increase in targeted traffic to your profile & signature links.

I am planning to expand and promote this year, and would really love to have a team of dedicated Moderators on board ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 am

I am reviewing potential Moderators today, and am happy to see such a great response! The enthusiasm to get involved on a higher level here at SSWT is awesome :D

If you have not yet sent a message, there is still plenty of time. I am always open to considering a new Moderator as I like to have 2-3 per category.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 pm

A few questions have come up from Moderators, so I thought I would answer them publicly here with a quick overview of your mod status.

Multiple Mods
Ideally you will share Moderator status with 1-2 other members. Feel free to apply as a moderator even if there are already moderators in place in the category you are interested in.

Daily Moderation
Try to check in at least once a day, even if you only have 5 minutes to devote. You can usually keep your category 'clean' in a matter of 1-2 minutes per day. I am active on the forum daily myself, so a day missed here or there is fine - I'm keeping an eye on all categories too.

Take Ownership
By giving you Moderator status, I am entrusting you with your category. Get as actively involved as you like, and feel free to post relevant resources and tips, as well as new topics for discussion. This is your opportunity to shine on the topic, and to become known for your expertise!

---

If you have questions, feel free to PM me directly. If you feel a member is an obvious spammer and needs to be removed completely, simply PM me with their username and a brief description of the issue.

I reserve the right to remove moderator status at any time, with or without notice.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

It's You, Lynn

Postby DebGallardo » Mon May 19, 2008 12:16 pm

I think the reason people are willing to step up to the plate in the forum to help you is because we all truly rally around you. You're the reason most of us are here, not just the stellar information you provide. It's the warmth and caring you give to whatever you do (not that you don't have your little irritations, but we won't go there LOL).

I can only speak for myself, but happen to know a lot of other people echo my thought, and that is that we want you to be able to keep up with the interaction while you continue to grow your business to the next level. We're not willing to sacrifice losing your presence here on this forum, so whatever it takes, we're here to help you move things along. Your growth in the business will ultimately benefit us.

Okay, stepping down from my soapbox. :roll:

Of course this is all strictly MHO. Sort of.

Deb
DebGallardo
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Thank you so much Deb

Personally, I think you should take up permanent residence on that soapbox. You do it so well! :D

It has been great to have the community behind me as I work through some of these growing pains. I'm looking forward to another great year ahead, and to the new updates & mods in the works!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Announcements