[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Business Network International - BNI • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Business Network International - BNI

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Business Network International - BNI

Postby NitaB » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:41 pm

Has anyone joined BNI? If so I would love to her of your experience with them. I am considering joining of our local chapters and would like some imput.

Thanks!
NitaB.............
NitaB

Postby Teena » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:31 pm

Hi there NitaB,

A friend of mine joined about 18 months ago, here in Australia, but at approx $900 per year I thought it was rather expensive. The breakfasts had to be paid for on top of that, and you had to pay a fine if you didn't attend a breakfast. [It seemed to me that what you got for your money was someone arranging breakfasts :)]

My friend ended up leaving after a year as she didn't receive any referrals although she felt she constantly talked about - and referred - the other businsses in her group.

Her business was sound, an excellent service, but I do believe no-one works as hard to promote *your* business as *you*. :)

I'm not saying don't join, but do go along to a few of the breakfasts without joining, see how it works, ask for actual details of who's received lots of business via their referrals.

Pop onto other forums and ask all the same questions, asking for honesty.

As with everything where there's a fee involved, do all your research before you part with your cash.

Good luck!
Cheers
Teena

http://www.BuildAWebsiteTonight.com :: Automatic website builder, Hosting, Domains
http://www.ApostropheQueen.com :: Proofreading - learn about apostrophes
http://www.Abfab-Australia.com :: Stunning Handpainted silk wearable art
http://www.AustralianSilkworm.com :: for textile artists around the world
Last edited by Teena on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teena

Nita, as with new cars...

Postby DBeavers » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:48 am

DBeavers

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:43 am

BNI is one of many networking businesses. I recommend it and a few others to my clients. They visit as many weekly networking groups as possible and then choose 1 to join.

One of my clients drives 30 minutes and to another town to attend the group he feels is better than the group 5 minutes from his house.

Really knowing whom your ideal client is will help you decide on and if a group is good for a particular person.

For example, I have found that the BNI groups in my area have many MLM and home business owners who want to make enough money to pay the bills and then a bit more. So, they're not a good match for me.

I found that it made more sence for me to join a club who has small to mid size business owners.

Hope this helps.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business