[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Simple offline strategy that works! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Simple offline strategy that works!

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Simple offline strategy that works!

Postby bcowan » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:57 am

A couple of months ago I was looking for replacement windows, a Clickbank or Paydotcom product was not going to help, I had my cheque book ready and went out looking....

Browsed Google, etc looking for a local company that could do the job and after a few minutes I had identified two or three that I might consider. Found the web sites and filled in the contact form and waited, and waited and WAITED. No auto acknowledgement, no call back NOTHING. A couple of DAYS later a sales guy calls explaining how their windows are just the BEST on the market and could he come and see me? Well, not yet, I'm still collating potential suppliers could I have a brochure please? No problem he says "it's in the post!". What nothing online? NOPE! In the meantime Im still waiting to hear ANYTHING from the other suppliers I spoke to, and to this day still have not heard squat.
The brochure arrived about a week later, around 10 days from the original enquiry! (By this time I'd decided to buy a new car and the bloody windows could wait...lol)

So why am I rambling on about this?

You see, you and I are involved in internet marketing, we KNOW that responses have to be immediate and you have to follow up, follow up, FOLLOW UP. We know ALL about autoresponders, digitised info products that presell and capturing your visitors details. Yet it seems that many of the 'traditional' offline businesses don't quite grasp this yet, they're used to someone walking into the showroom, browsing the goods and buying / or not.

Following my 'window shopping' experience I contacted the sales departments direct and offered a win-win deal. I would capture leads and sell them on for a commission, (now these are high ticket items and so commissions are generous...). I was supplied with brochures etc, digitised them and included them in my autoresponder messages, etc, etc. Now this is still early days but working very well...

As an experiment I've gone through the same process with a number of other offline businesses (plumbers, electricians, etc, etc) and found a similar response in ALL cases.

It seems that all of the well established technques of internet marketing are most commonly used within the internet marketing community. Its time to take them out and implement them in the 'real business world. TRY THIS: Look up your local business directory, find the websites and SEE what they're doing. I GUARANTEE, that most simply have a static web 'advert', "Our windows are great - Call us on 123455".

Now we've all heard the stories about shovel peddlars and gold miners but here's a thought; the price of shovels went down (how many FREE bonuses do you need when you buy something?), some GOLD miners hit it REALLY big!

I believe that there's still a lot of gold in them there hills!

Happy hunting!
bcowan

Postby John Triscan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:39 am

John Triscan

Great Idea

Postby pmaior » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:36 am

I guess great minds think alike :D

I have had a similar idea in the back of my mind for a long time. Always too busy to remember to try it. Glad to see it worked out.

I was thinking of having them come to me though , by advertising in industry newsletters(paper ) and the local pennysaver newspapers. Their ad rates are low.

Another good offline trick I learned while I was trying Herbalife, was to place your flyer in your bill payment envelopes. You pay bills every month and they include flyers and brochures, so why not return the favor. Also goes for Ebay shipments. Throw some flyers in there as well.

Great to see people using offline methods :)
pmaior

Postby homebizness » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:23 pm

With so many businesses establishing an online presence, offline methods seems to be more neglected. This leaves opportunity more wide open for offline methods. I like using sizzle cards (drop cards) leaving a couple
at the gas station, grocery store, with the tip at restaurants, as well as car magnet signs. Although inexpensive they do work when used consistently. It's all about exposure.

Expect success!

Danyelle
homebizness

Offline Marketing and Offline Business

Postby wthomas46 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:02 pm

wthomas46

Strategy Update

Postby bcowan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:48 am

It's been quite a while since I posted my orginal note, thanks to all who responded. Couple of points before I bring you 'up-to-date'.

I'm not talking about selling big ticket items here, I'm talking about selling the vendors qualified leads. I'll leave the selling to the vendor after all he's the expert in windows, plumbing, conservatories, etc. I'm simply gathering lists of interested parties and passing them onto the vendor, who invariably does a dreadful job in the internet marketing field!

Secondly, although I now have a 'formal' arrangement with a number of local companies I can still seek out and sell leads in the 'locality' of the buyer, same arrangement but by email, telephone, etc.

I've now been 'actively' working this system for around 8 months and as they say "the proof is in the pudding"..... In this case vendors have returned seeking more leads for their products, i.e. the initial set have converted (don't have stats but I can surmise that it has been cost-effective to the vendor).

I'm currently working on an ebook 'How to' in this area and I'd be interested in the view of the readers here, is this something that; a) would be useful; b) profitable?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Bill
bcowan

Postby otto101 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:59 am

I like that.Hey guys what do think about these cards?
http://usethesecardsorquit.com
otto101

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business