[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need ideas for recruiting without paying • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need ideas for recruiting without paying

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

I need ideas for recruiting without paying

Postby Homemom » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:25 pm

Any ideas? I have been entering forums and boards and of course socially! Help it is not moving quick enough for me.
Thanks.
Homemom

More info...

Postby Liz Tomey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:45 pm

Can you be more specific? It really depends on what you are trying to promote...

Liz Tomey
Liz Tomey

same boat!

Postby mysexysexysensationsrep » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:12 am

mysexysexysensationsrep

Have you try inserting the brochure in the newspaper?

Postby j3nny » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:32 am

I paid the local newspaper agency to inser my brochure in the newspaper and it seems work well. You can try that whether it works for you.
j3nny

Are you setting realistic expectations for your business?

Postby WatkinsWAHM » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:09 pm

:shock:

There are lots of ways to advertise for little or no money. I have found that most direct market businesses take a while to build. But the end results can be very worth wild. How long have you been in this business? It also depends on the product you are selling. Is it a consumable item that people need to order often or only once every 6 months? I was lucky with my business because it was already well established company that customers order from often. I got great online benefits that also increased my traffic. Other advertising I do is forums, business cards, warm market contacts and free websites. I also have a great sponsor that helps me find cheap advertising. Good luck with your business!
WatkinsWAHM

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:16 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmsunited » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:06 am

I agree that there are a multitude of ways to advertise at little or no cost online - even offline - printing your own brochures & biz cards. Try hand writing a little note on the back of your biz card and leaving them at restaurants (leave one on the table for your waitress to see), and anywhere else you can think of.

Here's a link to an article entitled

Never be afraid to talk about your business - you never know where your next sale or recruit may come from!

Hope this helps ;)
wahmsunited

Postby Marketing Basics » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:50 pm

Marketing Basics

Postby karadawn » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:29 am

karadawn

Postby Bev S » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:14 am

Bev S

Postby LT93 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:01 pm

removed post
Last edited by LT93 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT93

Postby TonyRush » Mon May 23, 2005 9:25 am

Ok, let me play the devil's advocate for a moment....

What is it about the direct sales industry that makes people think they can start their own business without spending any money or investing in their own success?

You can barely spend any time on an MLM/direct-sales message board without reading someone's post that says one of the secrets of success is to "treat your MLM like a business, not a hobby".

And yet the boards are full of people who claim to have a home business and yet they don't want to spend any money or invest in any business tools that will help them be successful.

Any legitimate and serious business will have operating expenses. How do we reconcile that with the fact that many MLMers claim they're in business but have no money to invest and are treating it like a hobby?

Thoughts?

Tony Rush
TonyRush

Postby uniquelyyours » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:30 pm

I agree with you Tony, I see that alot as well where people looking for ways to make extra income but want to get started for free. Even if you can intially start for free one must still invest in time which is money, and tools as mentioned to promote any business.

Here are a few more tips that may help you,

--look into getting magnetic business cards, this way everyone you give a card to can place it on the frige, or any magnetic surface. for example your car with a sign that says 'take one' .

-- when you do flyer, make four quarter sections on 8 x11 paper check officemax, staples or office depot for sales on copying. Have them do copies of 100 and ask for them to be cut this way you end up with 400 flyer. Make sure you do this only on sales, or if you have a coupon for copying. sign up for one of there rewards or email programs so you can get the discount on a regular basis. Or if you check some of the only coupon sites you can get the discound for in-store deals as well.

-- school fund raisers, when the orders are in make sure you include a flyer for what you are promoting in each bag. Volunteer for the PTA, and other school events.

-- look for community events like a womens club or something similar many of these club at annual events or events to raise money have raffles volunteer to donate some of your products as one of the prizes in the raffle along with all of your contact information like your website, email, phone number everything.

-- last but not least if you have a answering machine or voice system at home you could mention your busness briefly or just say you are running a promotion with your website link.

Just a few ideas, good luck.

Michelle
uniquelyyours

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:44 am

Hi,

Great ideas and insight here, thanks all!

I have a mindset of doing business whenever/wherever. So here's an example of how I will on occasion, turn downtime time into productive time: First, how many times have you received a telemarketing call around dinnertime? Annoying I know, but if you're the right frame of mind, you can do the "reverse telemarketing approach" and if nothing else, keep your "live" prospecting skills sharp...

Be patient and let the TM'er go thru their schpeal--then what I do is say, "Thanks for the info" (I try to remember their first name) and then I follow-up with a complimentary statement and a question such as: "______, you give a great presentation!... I'm looking for people like you in MY business--Are you open to other ways of earning income that won't interfere with your job?"

You never know, you just might catch the person at the right time and get a positive response. I used this approach once on a real estate agent who was trying to get me to list my house with her. Not only did I sign her up, she's been one of my best customers ever since. The best part about that is, I'm still getting paid residually for a prospecting effort I made 9 years ago! -- And, it didn't cost me a penny!!
Chuck_Anthony

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Chuck_Anthony

Next

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success