[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do you have writer's block? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do you have writer's block?

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

Do you have writer's block?

Postby annalaurabrown » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Are you suffering from writer's block? You know that you want to right that next article, blog post, ebook, or book but you just can't seem to get going. Here are a few tips to help you:

1. Try writing for ten minutes without stopping. Do not judge what you have written just keep writing.

2. If you are stopped because of a topic, think about holidays, trends, popular topics, look at other popular articles and consider writing on the same topic, books you have read recently, or what is in the news. Two websites to find lists of topics include http://www.selfgrowth.com and http://www.alltop.com

3. Stop and take a break. It is amazing what this can do for you.

4. Re-read what you have already written in the past and see if any of your previous writings give you some inspiration and ideas.

5. Think about what your target market wants to hear.

6. Use a mind map to come up with an outline first and then write.

7. Watch some videos or a movie and take notes about what comes to mind.

8. Flip through some self-help books and look for titles that might strike inspiration.

9. Read some motivational quotes.

10. Post a partially completed article or book chapter on a message board and ask for feedback.

Do you need some more article writing and marketing ideas?

Check out http://www.articlemarketingiseasy.com
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 pm

I always seem to have writers block. I know I can write but the words just don't come together easy for me. Your tips are very helpful. Thank you for sharing!
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for the tips AnnaLaura. I don't often get writer's block but when I do I will refer back to these tips.
mellymom3

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:57 am

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby cpruitt » Fri May 22, 2009 9:28 am

Haven't checked in here in a while and was just poking around the internet for inspiration. I found this post particularly useful today.
cpruitt

Postby lisamariemary » Fri May 22, 2009 11:17 am

Yep - the number one tip is AWESOME! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Love these tips

Postby createyourdream » Fri May 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Anna,
Thanks for this!

I'm always writing loads of stuff, personal, business, lists, tips, outlines, and rarely get to the publishing phase! :oops:

Your tips are great, and reminded me of another one: Just speak into a recorder what you want to write, transcribe it, clean up the grammar and spelling, do a word count, and wa la, you have an article...

I must really put some thought into how to become better at publishing, making my writing public in a useful way and with a purpose in mind.

I like the way you start forum threads this way, with a mini article... I remember reading recently in a blog post () that what you write in a forum is content! Reminds me to keep it quality and true to who you want to to be online.

best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Fri May 22, 2009 11:05 pm

I did a mind map of some content this morning and couldn't believe how easy it was. Now I can take the points and use them as chapter ideas.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby onlineleben » Sat May 23, 2009 3:04 pm

thx for the tips - helps me a lot
onlineleben

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay