[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - eBay Spoofers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

eBay Spoofers

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

eBay Spoofers

Postby Troy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:01 am

Im sure everyone has got these emails already , from spoofers and phishers trying to gather your personal information.

I have created a new forum in my forums dedicated to this topic, and I would love to hear what others have to share on the matter of closing these websites down as quickly as possibe.

I receive ten or more a day, so I have sorta gone on a rapage about this, and make it a point to turn them in, track them down, etc. Please stop on in and leave your thoughts on the matter.
http://auctionsnoop.org/forum.shtml
Troy

Postby Vera » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:30 pm

Hey there, I know for me too I'm always getting these and it drives me a little buggy. Some of them are getting really good.....
Here's one I got the other day....

It was the "ask seller a question" email that you usually get. This guy basically said that he paid for his item and we didn't send it and he wants his money back... The only way I knew it was fake is there was no item number and no return email. Just a link to click as usual.

Vera.
Vera

Great idea to fight these phishers

Postby Maggie » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 pm

... anywhichway!! - I have moments when I forward all ebay phishing emails to spoof@ebay.com. Same with paypal - spoof@paypal.com.

The last "real" email I got from ebay today (about a cheap listing day on ebay.co.uk) included some information about me that only eBay knows - which is designed to give me confidence that my details are safe. Now, the interesting bit about that will be to see if/or how fast the phishers do the same!

Cheers
Margaret
Maggie

The phish are getting more sophisticated

Postby HowardH » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:37 am

I just got a phish that was definitely a step up from the usual. It was in the form of a "Question from ebay member", which I occasionally get as a legitimate email from ebay. I wasn't actually fooled, since there were several subtle 'giveaways', but it is sobering to think that if I had not been paying attention, I might have clicked on the yellow button.

So far, it is possible to avoid getting scammed by these lowlife wastes of natural resources (oxygen, water, food, etc.) by following one rule: NEVER EVER click on a link in an email that claims to be from Paypal or Ebay. Always log in to your account using your own bookmark, or typing in the url, no exceptions. The real messages will always be in your message list under "My Ebay".

It is recommended that you routinely forward all phish to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com (depending on which the phish claims to be). I have seen some of these scam sites get shut down within minutes of their initial scamspam run, so I know somebody cares.

Paypal and ebay are probably the most often targeted, but I'm starting to see larger banks getting phished, too.

Too bad my personal preference for dealing with these scumbags is not politically correct.
HowardH

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm

I simply use Firefoxs report web forgery feature to report spoof emails, plus I use http://www.phishfighting.com/ - always recommended
AuctionCUT.com

Return to Online Auctions / eBay