[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - eBay alternatives • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

eBay alternatives

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

eBay alternatives

Postby T_J » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi all.

In recent months, eBay has implemented some changes that have been very controversial and that most sellers have considered detrimental to their businesses. For some who had profitable eBay stores selling digital products, the decision to ban the sale of digital goods wiped out a thriving business with a couple of week's notice. Then there is the feedback controversy, with sellers no long able to give negative feedback, which to me seems quite ridiculous.

I really feel that eBay are now making kneejerk and shortsighted decisions with only the buyer in mind.

So the purpose of this thread is to ask for reactions to the recent policy changes and particularly whether anyone is aware of any serious alternatives to eBay.
T_J

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Yahoo had an auctions option, but I don't know if they exist any more or not.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Well I have a team working on alternatives to this issue and what is in the works I think will wind up being a viable solution so that those who sell digital products can continue to do so.

Those who sell digital products in volume will be very happy with this program, when things are ready to roll I will let you all know more. Like I said this is in the developmental stages so I cannot let the cat out of the bag just yet. I promise to do so though before the poor darling suffocates.
karynsolo

Postby deannatroupe » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:36 pm

I found a site called ioffer that is an alternative to ebay. I haven't had a chance to really use it yet. Here's my link:
http://www.ioffer.com/users/deannatroupe
You also might want to consider selling on craigslist. As far as I know it's still free to sell things there.
deannatroupe

Return to Online Auctions / eBay